Coffee et al.

soy? almond?

Not a huge soy fan, but might try almond! Good idea.

1 Like

Macchiato? Short (shot or double) or long (like a long black) but with a big dollop of steamed/textured milk.

Might be the best option to now try?

1 Like

Will give this a try next week along with almond. Thanks man.

1 Like

Tried a smaller size? (even if you need to go double shot for that caffeine hit)

I only really get small anyway.

1 Like

See if you can find a cafe using Jersey or even A2, might help with the bloating.

1 Like

bugger

1 Like

Just made a long macchiato on my machine (novelty, inspired by this conversation :stuck_out_tongue:)

It’s bizarre, tastes really different to the popular and traditional milk ones (latte/f. white/capp.), more bitter I guess, but was surprisingly still nice :coffee:

I’d describe it like predominantly espresso flavour profile with hot water and a dash of milk. Whereas the milk varieties you get the prominent milk flavour profile, more sweet and weakens the espresso flavour a bit.

Paul Robinson on Neighbours drinks a macchiato, so there’s your market :man_office_worker::heavy_dollar_sign::heavy_dollar_sign:

1 Like

So a Macchiato is like a mini Cappuccino with the same shot of espresso but a smaller amount of frothed milk. There’s also, a Piccolo which is like a mini Latte with the same shot of espresso but more frothed milk.

Yes and no. Macchiato is usually served in a 30ml short black (shot) cup, so like 1/10th the volume of a cap. which is served in your usual cup or mug with saucer.

Long macchiato (latte glass in size) also has like 60ml of hot water added.

Sort of. A cappuccino is about 180ml or 6 fl oz. Some of the wankier cafe around Melbourne will even serve takeaways in this size (most common is 8oz). A latte glass is around 8oz. A Mug without adjusting how much coffee goes is a disgrace to coffee.

2 Likes

This looks interesting. A new coffee brand - Gary Mehigan Specialty Coffee.

More: https://www.garymehiganspecialtycoffee.com.au/

Has anyone tried Oat milk and if so what is it like? I am wanting to test it out.

I generally have two black coffees each morning at home from my Lavazza pod machine, then on my way to work I order a almond milk latte from a local cafe and drink that on the way. If it’s a warm morning (during summer), I would have a Dare double espresso iced coffee.

Saw this thread pop up and forgot I’d posted here.

What the hell is wrong with past me - that’s horrible don’t do that, why would you ever do that…

Anyway, back to regular programming.

I generally take my coffee black, but by taste I feel Oat Milk is the best of the bunch for both taste and mouthfeel when it comes to using alternate milks for a latte or similar. Macadamia milk is also great compared to Almond but hasn’t really taken off.

Barista coffee :drooling_face: Am stuck in NZ at the moment under level 4 lockdown and it’s been ages since one of these…

IMO Almond Milk is superior, especially the Blue Diamond barista blend one. Hands down the best on the market.

But I don’t mind Oat milk if it’s the only option or they don’t have a decent almond milk ( I don’t like most other ones), the Minor Figures Oat Milk is probably the best.

Don’t mind this too, wouldn’t say it’s better than almond personally but it’s similar. But less common as you say, think it has to do with the price.

You can take the boy out of Geelong etc.

1 Like

Is coffee bad for the heart? :wink:

Tried one of these today:

It was decent for canned coffee, coming from a non-coffee drinker.