CNN

Really like a lot of these ideas. Can see similar streamlining happening at 9, 7 and ABC here.

1 Like

Similar has happened (although not for the same reasons) at 3 in NZ with Stuff using their existing print/digital team in the TV bulletin.

1 Like

Pretty sure the ABC is already well advanced on these type of changes.

2 Likes

Oh that’s not a good example :confused:

We will supercharge CNN’s “ Follow the Sun” model … [which] will streamline workflows across newsgathering and place editorial direction closer to the story. It will better equip us to handle a wider array of platform needs around the clock and will mean we can flex news desk resources when the news cycle takes an unexpected turn. The enhanced Follow the Sun model will also create an expanded role for CNN’s Hong Kong hub in US overnight hours and make greater use of our operations in London and Los Angeles at additional hours across the day.

This is interesting. Of course it could just refer to newsgathering, but I wonder if they plan on doing more shows from Hong Kong and London? (CNNI, that is, not domestic)

I for one would love to see London used a lot more. They have an amazing set there, with loads of different areas to present from… and it’s on air for just 3 hours a day. And when it is on air, it’s all done from the desk. Sad!

1 Like

Do you have a video or photos of these other areas?

Some pics here:

There’s also a balcony area, which is used even less than the other presenting points:

EDIT: Found another balcony shot:

(Courtesy of LiveFromORL on the much missed TVLive Forum)

1 Like

Yeah wow I didn’t even realise. They don’t even show any studio shots when they are on air at all really.

1 Like

Remember when Richard Quest and Hala Gorani used to anchor a Europe/UK breakfast show from London. It was really good during the 2000s

2 Likes

BizNews! Sadly there are very few clips of it online. There is this though:

Later on it became CNN Today (I think because they realised what a goofy name BizNews was.) There was a second edition done from Hong Kong, with Stan Grant and Kristie Lu Stout.

1 Like

I used to get home from school and watch it. Loved it. Some of my first memories of watching international news.

3 Likes

If that doesn’t scream “future MediaSpy member” I don’t know what does! :joy: :smile:

1 Like

I saw this last night. I didn’t realise the studio was this big.

2 Likes

You wouldn’t when it’s BARELY USED! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :sob: I think part of the issue is that that studio came into use only a couple of weeks before the lockdowns began and everyone went into COVID mode. There were a number of shows set to use it, each with their own style… most of which were put on hiatus and never returned.

At the moment it’s only really Richard Quest’s show that uses all of the studio, and that only comes from London a handful of weeks per year.

1 Like

AMBEEEEERRRRRRRR!!!

:joy::joy::joy:

8 Likes
2 Likes

And almost right on cue… a new look for the 9am London bulletin as of today:

https://x.com/cnnipr/status/1815297290971603237

(Okay, it’s not much as of yet - just a new co-host and some new camera shot - but it would be nice if this is the start of an expanded role for London)

3 Likes
1 Like

With the working title My Happy Place, the series will feature the celebrities as “they venture to a personally meaningful place in their lives,” the network said.

2 Likes
2 Likes