Climate, Weather and Emergencies

Yes, that’s a bit warm for winter.

I was in Townsville in mid-early September back in 2001 (just after 9-11 happened in the USA) and I could already feel it getting humid. I did wonder on that basis what it would be like in Jan-Feb, I don’t know that I ever wanted to find out though!

I’ve had cousins in Cairns ring me on Christmas Day once to tell me that it was 35 degrees and 99% humidity and I was like :scream:

[quote=“Radiohead, post:114, topic:199”]
Though you would have to live with ‘mappy’ :smile:.
[/quote]That’s a bonus ain’t it? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

[quote=“TV-Expert, post:115, topic:199, full:true”]
That is one issue about living in Tassie: the relative isolation from the mainland. Although at least it’s not as isolated as WA. :wink:
[/quote]Haha. And that’s one of the minor issues facing our friends out west. :yum:

Depends really. You could view it as a positive. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Although even if you view that as a negative the positives outweigh that one IMO.

Having lived and travelled in both Melbourne and Hobart for many years I’d still put the latter above for the various reasons.

[quote=“NQCQTV2, post:120, topic:199, full:true”]
Mid-October to Early April are the hot/humid months, and they’re the most unbearable ones. Though most normal years it rains a lot during this time period, which keep it feeling much more comfortable, but unfortunately without a decent wet season the last few years, the summers have felt worse than normal.[/quote]Seeing as my next major holiday is travelling around Queensland in mid-July, I hope the weather isn’t too hot/humid for my liking (which is the main reason why I’d never travel up there during the traditionally summer hot/sticky months and chose to do it in the ‘supposedly’ cooler time of the year). Having never actually ventured up there before, I’m not sure what to expect at that time of the year in regards to the weather to be honest.

You better watch yourself m8 for what you say about the best state in the best country.

I’m sorry if I’ve offended the good folks of WA. :frowning:

For the record, I do have my aunt, uncle & cousin living in WA.

When was Victoria mentioned?

In the past, where it belongs, like that crappy VB you try to call beer. What do we have? The piss of the gods, the highest quality alcohol - a drinkable Emu Export. The cherry on top of the pav? We got this great country’s name in our name, not some British queen from 100 years ago.

2 Likes

Unless you go right up the top of QLD, it won’t be.

The humid weather is only typical during the wet season, during the dry the humidity is low.

Inland QLD, south of Mt Isa overnight lows below 0 happen occasionally around that time of year, most places will be at or below 5 at least. Days are usually 20-24 at their hottest. On odd occasions (once every few years) there can be a random 30 chucked in during winter out there but that’s uncommon.

Near the coast, south of Bowen, down to the border, mornings anything from 0 to 10 are common, days about 19-24 depending on where you are.

North of Bowen, morning and daytime temps start to increase quickly towards the top of QLD.
North of Cairns, mornings are usually closer to 18-23 with days of 27-34.

It’s very uncommon for it to rain much in July, most of the state seems very little to no rain during that time of year, except for if a strong system comes up from the south.

Typically if a rain system does happen to move in, they usually bring in warmer overnight temps than normal. So, if it does happen to rain, instead of being 10, it can easily be 17 overnight instead.

It all really depends on exactly where you’ll be travelling. Do you have any idea where you’ll be visiting?

He’s talking about NSW obviously :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

If you had said Little Creatures, i’d have agreed with you

For anyone looking for a cooler place to re-locate to, Toowoomba and other Downs areas like Stanthorpe should be considered. The higher elevation means mild summers and winters without the extreme heat of other inland areas. An advantage over the Mediterranean climate of southern states is that the winters are dry and cool (as opposed to wet and cold) with maximums over 16 even in the coldest months.

2 Likes

yeah but it’s craft beer - that’s a once in a lifetime treat for students here, does taste better though.

Hwat?

I understand that Brisbane is a bit more cultured than Perth, but craft beer is not expenny at all.

$4.50 for export vs $15 for little creatures. I know which one I’m getting.

You’re going to the wrong bars m80.

Alternatively, you can always do what I do and pre-drink Bundy rum with Ginger Ale.

Or go to a club with $4 basics. On any given day of the week there’ll be a club or bar with cheap basics and some cocktails. In Brisbane, RE on Wednesdays, Prohibition on Thursdays, Birdees on Fridays, X&Y on Saturdays and SoHo Sundays on Sundays.

I’ve mastered the art of getting munted.

2 Likes

Teach me your ways.

Or just do a centurion with the crew and have dinner afterwards so you’re not dead.

No, go to Bounce first, then Maccas drive thru, then two hours of drinking then go out. Or you can sub out Maccas for a nice place in the Valley

I’m looking forward to getting back to Brisbane now.

1 Like

That sounds way more fun than Perth lmao now I wanna go there.

Does Perth not yet have the institution which is the Bounce Indoor Trampoline Park?

What sort of backward hell have you got over there?

yeah we do but it’s in Cannington - quite bogan and quite far from my area. I yakked there once if that’s any consolation for not going regularly.

Sounds posher than Tingalpa Industrial Park.

Your excuses are weak.