Climate, Weather and Emergencies

:joy::joy:

We have cane toad racing m8, and a XXXX brewery. We is heaps cultured yeah?

Anyhow, gotta get back to the missus before I head to the pub to watch some chocolate mud wrestling. Catchya later, tooroo, cheerio.

[quote=“NQCQTV2, post:128, topic:199, full:true”]Unless you go right up the top of QLD, it won’t be.

It all really depends on exactly where you’ll be travelling. Do you have any idea where you’ll be visiting?[/quote]All the touristy destinations? :stuck_out_tongue: Seriously though, I’m still in the early stages of putting an itinerary together actually. So not exactly sure yet.

Thanks for the write-up. I don’t mind if the temps are in the early 20s or so. I can live with that. It’s just closer to the 30s along with the higher humidity that gets to me (which at that time of the year shouldn’t be experienced, of course).

[quote=“TVHead, post:125, topic:199, full:true”]
When was Victoria mentioned?[/quote]When was Tasmania mentioned more to the point? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::grin:

[quote=“matlock, post:133, topic:199, full:true”]I understand that Brisbane is a bit more cultured than Perth?
[/quote]Really??!?! I’m not so sure about that one, mate! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::wink:

It seems @Firetorch doubts that one too!

Well at the end of the day it doesn’t really matter coz we all just wanna get maggoted.

Looks ominous

A little over the top considering the actual size of the low (and the fact it isn’t even developing into a cyclone).

1 Like

Perhaps they wanted to quell the locals fears that it isn’t forecasted to be as bad as some may have thought.

But yes, the size of that “L” is a bit misleading.

Any mention of Cyclone always is code for “Ladies and Gentlemen, start your panic buying!”

2 Likes

Yeah was talking to someone at dinner last night who has family from the Deep North; his relatives are already raiding stores for loaves of bread and bottled water.

Rip Ayr (near Townsville), where the ABC says the cyclone will make landfall

(Sorry I had to bring that terrible meme back).

2 Likes

Ayr, near Townsville and tomorrow Longreach and by the end of the week near Brisbane.

Buggarrrrr, well that means I’ll have to rush to finish my assignments due Friday.

Really don’t want the power out when they’re due.

1 Like

Fog - always good for a story on the 6pm bulletin. Throw in airport delays and you’ve got CHAOS!!.

4 Likes

The Brissie fog got a brief mention during tonight’s weather report on Nine News Sydney.

Looking at the pictures there, the simple solution is to build the airport higher. Will also result in less flight times as less descent time is needed and should result therefore in cheaper fares.

Simple! Problem solvered! Let’s hope Sydney implement it with Beaver Creek or wherever it is they’re building.

Yep! Even on the local afternoon news!

1 Like

:joy:

1 Like

Maybe it’s near Fannie Bay?

1 Like

Depending on how climate change develops, it could end up near Yorkey’s Knob.

1 Like