Classification

Genitalia was also blurred out.

1 Like

I did notice why I saw some blurring…

Why do that? Are we becoming as prudish as America now?

You can show somebody having their head blown off but don’t show their rude bits. :open_mouth:

1 Like

40 years ago you could get full frontal nudity on Australian TV. Now we blur a bum?

If u saw any edited TV VERSIONS OF FILMS ON ONE,SEVEN,NINE,TEN,ELEVEN OR 9Go! Or other channels on FTA TV Such as they are playing Man On Fire On Channel One on Tuesday I bet it will be edited because movie is MA15+ and its airing as M Movie

TEN are the worst in this regard. Far too many movies butchered to meet more restrictive classification timezones.

Why on earth would you watch a movie on a commercial television channel?

4 Likes

Only thing I can think of is because it’s free.

Doesn’t seem to happen anymore thanks to a lack of output deals , but occasionally they schedule the odd movie I’ve never seen or heard of that might be of interest.

2 Likes

I enjoy TV VERSIONS I like seeing butchered movie scenes it’s fun coz sum of them are funny

Masochist

1 Like

Same movie - different networks

WIN

TEN

5 Likes

post edited: images now working (but not cropped

Regarding “The Wolf of Wall Street”, according to the Classification Board (Australia), it was classified R18+ due to ‘sex’ & ‘drugs’ (as seen on the image below).

It was hence given “R18+ High impact sex scenes & drug use”.

So @Herb the sex scenes MUST have also been cut and/or edited?

@TelevisionAU But ‘full frontal nudity’ is allowed at the MA15+ level & has been seen as such on TV recently…
(e.g.) Sex and the City, Basic Instinct, etc?

And the movie (uncut) had no ‘high impact’ (R18+) nudity anyway (i.e.) close-up & prolonged full frontal…

Your images are blank again!

2 Likes

Corrected :slight_smile: It’s so damn annoying. It’s uploading some cropped images, but not others.

Anybody know why!?

“The World Is Not Enough” (1999) [James Bond] is classified “M” with “violence” on DVD.

Ch 9 for some reason have cut it to “PG”.

This Saturday…

LOL

Rumour has it “Classification changes of movies being shown on TV to suit that timeslot make you LOL” is coming to Seven soon!

3 Likes

I see you didn’t get the memo :joy:

“M” can be shown at 7:30pm now…

(That’s airing at 8pm)

LOL

But, importantly, specifically ‘films’ for public exhibition classified M under the classification act must be shown on commercial television after 8:30pm, and similarly MA films must be shown after 9:00. So, The World Is Not Enough will have to be edited if it is shown before 8:30pm.

1 Like

Ah, of course. You’re right :+1:

1 Like

Netflix global public policy manager Josh Korn’s chat with IT News raises a good question. Do streaming services (Netflix, Stan and Presto) have to submit overseas programs to Classification Board for rating well in advance, in order for the programs to be launched here at the same time as the rest of the world? The workload for staff at Classification Board will quadruple if streaming services cannot have their own content assessors.

1 Like