Classification

Thanks for using the video that I uploaded :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nine are getting even more inventive, following the recent TV Code changes. It no longer carries an official ‘consumer advice’ list.

Last night for a program I saw:

"MA15+

-Frequent Coarse Language
-Strong Sex References
-Dangerous Behaviour
-Strong Nudity"

Ten have now made their MA15+ classifications including ‘violence’, half old & half new…

Seeing as they can’t use the old pre-recorded AV15+ ones anyone.

It’s the old 2006 “MA15+” white screen template.

With the new “cut and paste” voice-over and consumer advice transitions in.

Still poor effort.

1 Like

I really can’t believe that Ten are even still using the old 2006 style Classification Warnings, ten years after they were first used! :scream:

1 Like

There’ll be another one of the same around 11:15pm tonight, after Taken.

Because “Bad Ass” (according to ebroadcast.com.au TV guide) will be classified with MA15+ “Strong Violence”.

Seeing again, there’s no AV15+.

Anyone able to cap & record?

Do they really need to be changed? It does it’s job well which is advising the viewer of content in the following program. Doesn’t need fancy graphics or anything.

2 Likes

Especially now since they no longer need to have any separate warning.

1 Like

SBS’s MA15+ classification from tonight

Seven & Ten still using the official ‘wording’ for their classifications, from the old TV code.

Of course Ten are still using classification boards too.

So what exactly does “Very Coarse Language” (MA1T+) mean? I’ve always wondered that.

I can only think perhaps the ‘C-Word’?

Not by itself. It would be something like "f’n c "

Edit: Actually you are right according to the ACMA’s interpretation.

1 Like

Also, same goes for “Some Coarse Language” at the MA15+ level.

Usually MA15+ onle has “Frequent Coarse Language”, “Very Coarse Language” or “Frequent Very Coarse Language”.

But “Sex and the City” (Network Ten), usually has “Some Coarse Language” with an MA15+ classification.

I’ve deduced it’s when the F-Word is used ‘sexually’, a number of times (e.g.) “You f**ked him!?”, etc.

(I think it’s only allowed once or so and non-agressively at the M-level)

Noticed a couple of weeks ago, during “The Bold & The Beautiful” the words “pissed off” were used by a character.

That’s use of coarse language of mild impact (PG).

And what do you know… This afternoon’s ep is “PG Mild Coarse Language”.

So for the first time EVER, Ten (until they get rid of them), must be using classification boards for The B&B?

The X Files had a 2006 pre-recorded classification, at 8:30pm.

First time I’d seen it on Ten in prime-time in a ling time. Shame :confused:

M - some violence, drug use

1 Like

Good to see ABC follow suit.

Still pretty rare to see any M content in the new timezones(7.30pm-8.30pm, 5am-6am) or MA15+ at 8.30pm

1 Like

The Wolf of Wall Street will have its FTA premiere on Nine this Sunday at 9pm. The movie was rated R when it hit the cinemas in 2013 due to drug use, coarse language and nudity, and will be MA when it airs on TV. I wonder how much content will be edited or omitted to fit the MA classification without affecting the story flow?

Seen before The Wolf Of Wall Street:

5 Likes

Reminds me of watching a movie on a plane.

4 Likes

Nice of them to tell people they’ve edited it.

How heavily edited was it?

2 Likes

Not much was edited, most of drug scenes were slightly edited out.
Edit 5.4.16: Genitalia were blurred out (as Herb said).

2 Likes

Yeah, I don’t recall ever seeing a message like that on FTA before. Should be more of it.

4 Likes