Classification

Police Ten 7 is on 9Go! tonight currently, rated PG.
Foxtel air it on FOX8 and classify all episodes as MA15+.
Big difference!

1 Like

Funny how an older skewing NZ cop show is somehow airing on two younger skewing channels.

ā€œBlack Eyed, Pleaseā€ from 2013 was PG with drug use.

Pretty sure Iā€™ve seen drug use in other PG classified programs (eg someone eating weed brownies would probably fall in the PG range under drug use).

1 Like

Why is it necessarily older skewing?

From what Iā€™ve seen it looks like your typical factual. Usually older skewing arenā€™t they?

Okay, point taken.

Youā€™re correct, itā€™s just usually always at PG itā€™s drug references, but not restricted too.

And drug use at M is usually marijuana or cocaine snorting (from a distance), MA is cocaine snorting (frequent or close up) ans heroin (injection not detailed) & R is heroin injection (detailed).

1 Like

Iā€™d better watch ā€œBad Grandpaā€ tonight :wink:

MA15+ with L V S D N A

1 Like

This is a little too knowledgable for my liking. :thinking:

6 Likes

Will that be classified as MA?

1 Like

9:30pm on ELEVEN:

ā€œMA15+: Frequent Coarse Language, Some Violence, Sexual References, Drug Use, Nudity & Crude Humourā€.

Iā€™ve noticed with a lot of movies, particularly on Seven, networks will air a cut/edited versionā€¦

Despite being late at night :disappointed:

I (as most) know that networks would have a ā€˜masterā€™ compile of all programs, including films provided by the distributors they have deals with via their Australian branch (e.g.) Disney Australia.

But it must get confusing, when they make various edited versions (e.g.) R18+ down to MA15+ & MA15+ down to M, with the case of ā€œThe Rockā€.

So perhaps theyā€™re mistakes?

There is no reason why an ā€˜Mā€™ version of The Rock (R18+) needs to air at 11pm at night!

Same has been seen with the American Pie 2, Iron Man, etc.

1 Like

It has been brought to my attention, that it looks like BCM accidently aired the uncut version of the movie ā€œThe Townā€ when it was meant to be cut (and was classified as such - ā€œMā€) in Sydney, Brisbane and Perth on 7Two on Friday at 8:30pm.

The person who told me, said every scene was in tact to the uncut version theyā€™d watched before, which is a pretty big balls up and serious matter if true :pensive:

Not that anyone cares though tbh.

Note:
Uncut (theatrical) was MA15+.

1 Like

ACMA would love to hear from you

2 Likes

Iā€™m sure they would.

But no thanks.

I donā€™t even know the details nor the movie itsself.

1 Like

Hereā€™s something that should have happened a long time ago.

5 Likes

But it still doesnā€™t mean a single classification system for movies shown in cinemas, then released on DVD and broadcast on TV. A movie rated G in cinemas can be PG on TV.

1 Like

Not yet but it will most likely lead to that.

1 Like

Yeah heard about that all the sex scenes/strong violence coarse language stayed in tact I mean it could of been just a mistake laziness in the tv network for example people forget a lot of things and if they receive a complaint they could get a heavy fine We really donā€™t want that to happen

Erā€¦ why not?

4 Likes

A network will be heavily fined by ACMA

1 Like

Do the crime, you pay the fine. But letā€™s face it ACMA are unlikely to issue a fine.

1 Like