Classic TV Listings

East coast Ten stations were 24 hours in 1995. Only ADS and NEW were still closing.

4 Likes

Still should be closing in 2019. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

ā€¦and had been since the late 1980s, if Iā€™m not mistaken.

Presumably the Ten stations in Adelaide & Perth finally started 24/7 broadcasting when they became network O&Os?

1 Like

NEW was 24 hours by late 1996. Donā€™t know about ADS.

Considering theyā€™re running 3.5 hours of Home Shopping after Colbert each night they may as well play the national anthem and flick the switch.

2 Likes

I was referring to ALL television and radio stations in the nation, but fair point.

1 Like

Sydney TV listings: Saturday, June 16, 2001
from Sydney Morning Herald

Itā€™s strange to see that the paper includes variations for the Brisbane stations. Why?

1 Like

Because SMH is also distributed by air to Brisbane metro.

1 Like

Iā€™d imagine that the SMH is also available on the Gold Coast, especially since The Daily Telegraph is IIRC.

1 Like

Gold Coast gets all the Sydney daily papers and I would imagine itā€™s the same across SEQ. Northern NSW in turn gets the Courier Mail too.

3 Likes

TV Week Melbourne listings: Tuesday, August 1st, 1995

4 Likes

Pretty certain they were both 24/7 by that time but ran a dirty feed from Sydney between approx. Midnight - 6am. I remember the early morning Sports Tonight reruns having local Sydney ads on NEW and it would have been 1999 or 2000.

3 Likes

Was it a delayed dirty feed from Sydney considering the time difference between Perth & Sydney, or was it a live feed?

1 Like

Melbourne TV listings: Saturday, June 13, 1998
from The Age

5 Likes

Good News Week listed as THE Good News Week

1 Like

And add in AFL double headers from SCG/Subi/Football Park, since that might be another time Dad took control of the TV and the kids were banished from the lounge room if they couldnā€™t keep quiet during the football!

TV Week Adelaide listings: Wednesday, May 24th, 1995

3 Likes

Seven had Adelaide AM and Nine has Adelaide Today at 10am.

Anymore information on these shows?

1 Like

They were locally produced morning shows for Adelaide audiences

1 Like

Adelaide AM (later AM Adelaide) lasted until 2003.

1 Like

Hosted by Steve Whitham and Anne Wills

This replaced Touch Of Elegance which ran on SAS10/7 for 25 years.

1 Like