Classic TV Listings

Today’s TV, Tuesday, 11 January 2011

Source: The West Australian Today liftout

Launch of multichannel 11. Neighbours move from Ten to 11

4 Likes

Today’s TV: 12.1.1975, Victoria/regional SA/Broken Hill

Source: TV Week

3 Likes

Were they still doing only color test patterns at that time?

2 Likes

Colour programs are indicated with “C”

2 Likes

Obviously exclusive TV rights weren’t a thing. ABC, 7, 9 all showing Davis Cup :joy::joy:

2 Likes

Used to happen with the Australian Open and test cricket as well.

There was one listing I came across where there were 3 different brands of cricket during the one afternoon, one on each channel, I think one was a test match, one was a Sheffield Shield and there was something else again, I can’t remember now. And the 4th channel, i don’t remember, maybe tennis or something. So if you weren’t into sports, tough luck :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Personally, if i was the NRL, i would have allowed Fox to air the Nine 4pm game after the live Fox game at 2.30pm (i.e. at 4.20pm) so that people who had Paytv didn’t have to watch Nine’s ads.

1 Like

Fox’s ads are even more annoying as your paying for the privledge. But historically in the NRL there would be multiple games starting at 14:30 on a Sunday and Fox would broadcast one of them and Nine would broadcast the other. I think Nine got to choose the game so they would choose games with key clubs such as The Roosters or Broncos which would mean that my team Canberra would only have their games televised on Nine a few times a year. They used to get additional money from their major sponsors when their games were broadcast on Nine.

Love the small standby programs part. lol

During 2002-06, there was one game at 2:30pm and two at 3pm. The 2:30pm game was live on Fox (Fox’s marquee match before MNF was brought in), and the 3pm game covered by Fox was on 3hr delay at 6pm (after the delayed Ch9 match finished). That delayed Fox game was shifted to Monday Nights and became Fox’s big game.

2 Likes

Today’s TV: 13.1.1961, Melbourne

Source: TV Times

4 Likes

Today’s TV: 13 January 2012, Perth
Source: The West Australian

I remembered watching the Test match between Australia and India (from the WACA) on Nine. Nine Perth screened Day 1 in full. However, the 2nd day of the WACA Test was restricted to 2.5 hours to protect the gate.

3 Likes

Today’s TV: 14.1.1973, Victoria

5 Likes

The highlight of the night was “Elvis Aloha from Hawaii” on GTV9. It was not broadcast live by the regional stations but they would have shown it later via videotape.

Also no World of Sport on GMV, AMV, BTV, BCV or STV. These regionals usually only carried the show during the VFL season and the Spring Racing Carnival, then took a break until mid to late March when the VFL season resumed. Although some years BTV carried the show in summer when there is no WSC cricket or tennis on.

2 Likes

GLV10 (not shown on those pages) relayed GTV9’s live coverage. There was no scheduled broadcast on other regionals over the immediate following days, but they may have aired it at a later week.

1 Like

21 January 2002
Source: SMH

WIN viewers miss out on Frasier while NBN miss out on Johnny Bravo. Programmers with different ideas i guess.

6 Likes

NBN also misses out on Spin City and Jamie Foxx.

2 Likes

Today’s TV:

21.1.1968, Adelaide

21.1.1980, Adelaide

Source: TV Guide

21.1.1980, Melbourne

21.1.1986, Melbourne

4 Likes

I remember that date well, I was on my regular school holiday visits to my grandparents in Geelong, and I remember waking up at about 4 in the morning and watching “Car Wash” on their big Kriesler colour TV. This film was a staple of late night movies on TV in the 80s and 90s. Great film by the way. I have met in person one of its stars Franklyn Ajaye over 12 years ago. You won’t see this film on streaming services I can assure you of that! I also remember watching the cricket that night with my cricket loving grandparents.

4 Likes

21 January 1995
Source:Sun Herald

Power Rangers in primetime.

6 Likes