Classic TV Listings

Todays TV: 3 AUg 2004, Perth
Source: The west Australian

4 Likes

Peter Sterling filled on the NRL as main caller with Rabs at the swimming, Vossy may have also done it too, maybe Tim Gilbert?

3 Likes

Believe he was a Fox and/or World Feed with Adelaide racecaller Terry McAuliffe being the main track caller for 9 (Dave Culbert handled the field events)

3 Likes

we were on first name basis with our TV repair man! One time he took the set away for a week to isolate and fix some problem it had. That was the longest week of my young life!

TPIR had a Showcase value a $100,000 during August before being bumped up to $500,000 from September 2004-March 2005 then reverted back to $100,000 until the show’s axing.

1 Like

Today’s TV: 4 AUgust 2006, Perth
Source: The West Australian

Nine broadcasted an AFL match between St Kilda v West Coast at 7:30pm. In WA, when there is a local team, they would broadcast the match earlier.
Yasmin’s Getting Married would air for the final time

3 Likes

Michael Bell won a $42,950 Volvo V50 S Sportwagon with a Score of $64, snapped up a LCD TV from LG Electronics in the Gift Shop after Sprint Round #1 defeating Niall and Michelle on his 5th Night.

Then he Put the Car from Volvo on the Line to play for all 5 Prizes on Monday which they were:

1. LG Dishwasher & Refrigerator: $10,023
  2. Alpine In-Car Entertainment System: $15,000
  3. Trip to Borneo: $20,441
  4. Casa G Jewellery Collection: $29,900
  5. Volvo V50 S Sportwagon: $42,950 Including On-Road Costs

That’s a Prize Package Total of $118,314 that he Won on his 6th Night. Before he tried for the $200,000 Cash Jackpot on Night #7 before he was Defeated by a 23 Year-Old Dan who stayed in for his First Night of the Show.

3 Likes

Today’s TV: 5.8.1958, Sydney

Source: TV Times

(This was from the original TV Times which was an A5-size format published in Sydney, very similar to what TV Week was doing in Melbourne, and was in competition to ABC’s TV News also in Sydney. TV Week then expanded into Sydney, which gave that city 3 weekly TV magazines in a city where it was estimated that only 41% of households had TV sets. TV Times then merged with TV News to form TV News-Times prior to the title’s expansion into Melbourne, and which later became TV Times (again).

This essentially gave both cities two TV magazines each, not including newspaper guides like The Listener In-TV and The Age TV & Radio Guide in Melbourne, and the SMH weekly guide in Sydney.

3 Likes

Today’s TV: 5 August 2004, Perth

Those were the days of afternoon TV lineup on Ten - Jerry Springer, Just Shoot Me, Mad About You. But sadly not anymore.
I noticed that new children’s program Roddy the Rooster premiered on Nine at 4pm.

5 Likes

Seven’s Wheel and Deal hour that ended in 2006. Correct me if I’m wrong.

2 Likes

Today’s TV: 5 August 2005, Perth

WIN skipped a daily 30-minute episode of Big Brother for obvious reasons (not enough time in the schedule) due to unaired new episode of Australian Idol, AFL between St Kilda v Geelong, and NRL overnight.
Over on SBS, they screened The Ashes in England. If I remember correctly, the late Tony Greig also called the match. I wonder what the ratings look like with Ashes on SBS?

3 Likes

Today’s TV: 8 August 1999, Sydney
Source: Sun Herald

Nine broadcast the preseason NFL game played in Australia

4 Likes

I’d forgotten The Worst Witch was on late Sunday afternoons. I remember tuning in a couple of times, it was always a nice surprise.

It’s weird that ABC ran a kid’s show that late on a Sunday, Their kid’s offering was always inferior on Sundays compared to what they were doing during the week. They always tended to show the inferior shows on the Sunday morning block.

1 Like

Today’s TV: 9 August 2012, Perth

3 Likes

London Olympics getting full coverage on Nine, Gem, and WIN.

2 Likes

Today’s TV: 9 Aug 2004, Perth

4 Likes

Could have held NRL back by 30 minutes to fit it in. ET was only a repeat and could have run sometime over the weekend.

2 Likes

It took Seven a few years to figure out to air King Of The Hill in hourly weekday blocks during school holidays instead of late night.

2 Likes

Today’s TV: 9.8.1980, Sydney

Source: TV Times

3 Likes