Classic TV Listings

Why would they have?

1 Like

I do remember them showing a test because Nine had Wimbledon

1 Like

They did, but not that one.

1 Like

According to this it was the 2nd Test https://eprints.qut.edu.au/115247/1/115247_9773053_michael_ward_thesis.pdf
But looking back, it probably was the 3rd Test that was broadcast on ABC

And there was what looked like a full day of play on that day 5 of the second test according to Cricinfo, so no FTA coverage of Wimbledon Day 1, lol. That would’ve caused outrage.

1 Like

Today’s TV:

25.6.1993, Melbourne

25.6.1999, Melbourne. Free-to-Air

25.6.2003, Melbourne. Free-to-Air

Source: TV Week

6 Likes

Looks like Monday Night Super League got priority over both

3 Likes

That said it was a late night sports lovers delight with SL/Cricket/Wimbledon on 9, Talking Footy with their 2nd panel (Bruce, Mike and Leigh) on 7, the Joeys on SBS in the Youth WC and what turned out to be a cracker of an IndyCar race from Portland on 10 with the closest 3 way finish ever (Mark Blundell won by about a lip)

3 Likes

Today’s TV: 25 Jun 2008, Perth
Source: The West australian

5 Likes

Due to the Million Dollar Wheel of Fortune with Tim Campbell and Kelly Landry being Cancelled after being On the Air for a Month. It was Day 3 of Celebrity Week with $1 Million and $200,000 in Cash for their Chosen Charities and a $40,240 Kia Carnival V6 People-Mover Up for Grabs as well.

Fun Fact: The Electric Rock Music that plays when Announcer Simon Diaz gives the details about a Brand-New Car from Kia Motors (The Power to Surprise) that is on offer this week during 1-Month On the Air.

Major Prize Round / The Golden Wheel Facts: When a Contestant wins the Game. The Stage Lights during the Million Dollar Wheel of Fortune in 2008 go down to Blue in the First 2 Weeks, before Changing it to Blue and Purple. The Prize Wedges that a Contestant plays for are Shaded in Gold, $200,000 Wedges are Shaded in White and it goes up by 1 Each Night until Somebody Wins it and 2 Car Wedges are Shaded in Magenta.

Glitter Falls Down Facts: Whenever a Player Solves the Puzzle going for $200,000 in Cash or going for a Brand-New Car from Kia Motors (The Power to Surprise). Glitter gets Released into the Studio and it happened in 3 Occasions. 22 Year-Old Carl Young, a Full-Time Law Student from (Newcastle, New South Wales) Obliterated his 2 Opponent’s David Rodgerson and Louise Rousic in his wake with a Score of $7,910 and became the First Person to Win $200,000 for Correctly Answering ‘Little Miss Sunshine’. That Happened on Monday the 9th of June on the Queens Birthday Public Holiday. Another Contestant before the End of the Regular Season, won a Brand-New Kia Magentis LX Sedan Valued at $29,100 and Rachael Beck during the Celebrity Week Specials became just the 2nd Person to Win the Life-Changing $200,000 Major Prize before the Shows Cancellation.

1 Like

Today’s TV: 26 June 2006, Perth
Soiurce: The West AUstralian

I remembered back when Nine previously had the broadcasting rights to the Wimbledon Tennis in London. That time, Nine showed the final 5.5 hours of the tennis coverage.
Over on SBS, they screened the ROund of 16 matches live. Over at Match 53, the Socceroos took on Italy in the ROund of 16. I remembered that game when Italy scored a penalty goal in the final few minutes of extra time.

3 Likes

Today’s TV: 26.6.1990, Melbourne

Source: TV Week

Includes the FIFA World Cup on SBS, and ABC regionals

6 Likes

Ah yes, I remember that arrangement for the World Cup in 1990. Up on the Gold Coast, my grandparents were able to receive ABRN6 Lismore, so you could watch it on either SBS or the ABC. Prime had a similar arrangement in 1994 with SBS as there was still quite a few areas where the SBS signal didn’t go to. Not sure about the other regional areas.

5 Likes

A controversial one: not actually a penalty had VAR existed.

1 Like

Today’s TV: 27 June 2006, Perth
Source: The West Australian

3 Likes

27 June 2000, Sydney
Source: SMH

Too hot for daytime Jerry Springer at 9:30pm

7 Likes

I remember The Pepsi Chart! If I remember correctly, that and The Hot Hits would air on weekends at 6:00pm.

I also remember an entertainment-type news program hosted by Antonia Kidman that aired at 6:00pm on 10 on Sunday nights in the early noughties. Can anyone remember what it was called?

1 Like

Was it called Premiere?

1 Like

No, it was called “In Entertainment” (now I remember!).

2 Likes

That was definitely a show in the early-00s at some point (02 maybe?)

2 Likes

Today’s TV: 28 June 2006, Perth
Source: The West australian

With no live action of soccer, SBS screened replays of the FIFA World Cup from Day 19. I wonder whether they screened some truncated highlights of the Round of 16.

3 Likes