Classic TV Listings

Today’s TV: 26.3.1983, Perth and GWN (BTW3/GSW9)

Source: TV Week

2 Likes

31 March 1995
Source: SMH

Start of the famous Australian cricket tour of West Indies live on Ten

4 Likes

That I think was the day TEN Northern NSW started broadcasting 24 hours a day, and it has sfayed like that ever since.

1 Like

Today’s TV: 31 March 2006, Perth
Source: THe West Australian

4 Likes

In 1995 Channel Nine carried ABC World News Tonight via satellite from the United States.

5 Likes

and Seven did the same with NBC Nightly News with Tom Brokaw

2 Likes

that originated from Premier Sports Network (now Fox Sports) on the now-defunct Galaxy platform. Ten only showed it to comply with anti-siphoning legislation at the time. Had David Hookes been still alive today he would have been the face of Fox Cricket. He was the face of Premier Sports/Fox Sports in the late 90s and early 2000s.

2 Likes

Melbourne TV: Saturday 2 April 1994
from The Age

3 Likes

Today’s TV: 2 APril 2007, Perth
Source: THe West Australian

Nine premiered a new footy talk show, Footy Classified, after Nine lost the AFL rights at the end of the previous year. I found it quite interesting that on the WIN guide, they had the Football Classified being listed.

4 Likes

Note no infomercials, but in 1994 Prime and Southern Cross pre-empted network programming around 1am to show infomercials overnight. Also note Southern Cross in Victoria did not show Ren and Stimpy, instead they aired Chris Conroy’s Leisureworld.
Ten metros began showing Telemall Shopping the following year.

1 Like

Today’s TV: 2.4.1968, Melbourne

Source: TV Week

3 Likes

also Ten did with CBS Evening News with Dan Rather

did it?

1 Like

I Don’t know I think that Ten screened it in the late 90s

Perhaps not a great idea to spout things as fact if you don’t actually know.

And, I’m also not sure your comment about late 90s is entirely correct, either, though others may know for sure.

5 Likes

I found through the articles on the late 1990s TV listings that Ten did not screen CBS Evening News that period it must been after the 2000s

Ten did not screen CBS Evening News in the 90’s at all or even in the 2000s. I know that it was seen occasionally on Nine if for some reason they couldn’t show ABC World News Tonight at the 10:30am slot. But it wasn’t very often.

3 Likes

Sky News for many years aired CBS Evening News, ABC World News Tonight (after Nine didn’t want it anymore) and ABC Nightline but the Evening News NEVER aired on Ten.

Today’s TV: 3 April 2006, Perth

Source: The West Australian

Over on TEN, they broadcasted a Monday night AFL match between the Collingwood Magpies and Adelaide at Telstra Dome. In WIN Territory, they delayed the AFL game through to 10:40 pm.
The final Who Wants to be a Millionaire? went to air. This came when departing host, Eddie McGuire went to become CEO of Channel Nine.

3 Likes

I seem to recall Nine having exclusive access to ABC and CBS back in the 90s.

2 Likes