Classic TV Listings

Today’s TV: 1.6.1986, Sydney

Source: TV Week

The Opening Ceremony of the FIFA World Cup is on ABC.

Coverage of matches was split between ABC and SBS.

7 Likes

Today’s TV: 2.6.1962, Melbourne

Source: TV Times

4 Likes

Complete with studio addresses where you can register your disgust in person, or stalk your favourite presenters enroute to a restraining order! :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

“Dear sir, I wish to complain…”

2 Likes

The Royal Variety Concert that was on GTV9 was delayed in Adelaide, airing on 2 June 1980

Source: The Australian Women’s Weekly TV Magazine

5 Likes

Melbourne TV: Monday 3 June 1974
from The Age

The first day of HSV7 without an early morning schedule.

4 Likes

What happened to the early morning schedule

HSV dumped the Today show (although I think it possibly continued in Sydney?)

With kids shows in the morning already on the other three channels I guess Seven felt it was futile to enter that crowded market so just moved its sign-on time to 11.00

4 Likes

Today continued in Sydney until 6 September 1974, when it was cancelled. On 9 September, ATN7 moved its sign-on time to 10am.

4 Likes

It’s shame the show didn’t last. But it’s evident that most Australians weren’t in the mood for television news in the mornings throughout the early days. Took awhile for that habit to break.

3 Likes

Today’s TV: 3.6.2004, Melbourne. Free-to-Air

Source: TV Week

7 Likes

Ten News at Noon… that didn’t last long from memory. It soon reverted back to 11.30am pretty quickly.

3 Likes

and Judge Judy at 8.30am. Trying to stem the losses from Mornings IIRC.

1 Like

Neighbours reruns were a must for me in Grade 6 i never went to school til after recess in 2004 :wink:

Bingo, this would have been around the time GMA was re-tooled to be once again live 5 days a week in efforts to try and stem the losses to Nine in the morning.

2 Likes

KK was making an impact on Bert for the first time in awhile.

Today’s TV: 4.6.2011, Melbourne

Source: The Age Green Guide

6 Likes

I was surprised to see The Graham Norton show on ABC

Sunday, 4.06.2006, Sydney TV guide.

The series finale of Blue Heelers

4 Likes

And then Nine solved the problem by hiring Bert :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: