Classic TV Listings

Not sure. Adelaide often seemed to be a little different to the eastern states then so it could have been.

Would the VFL replays been exactly the same match/matches with the same commentary and cameras?

Each channel would have had its own commentary. I imagine their own cameras, too.

But with six games (IIRC) played on the Saturday afternoon I’m not sure how the games were allocated to the channels or if they just picked which ones they wanted to cover. Unlike in radio where I believe they operated under a roster system.

A TV guide taken from Sydney on 3 Jun 2003 - Includes Northern NSW and South NSW.

3 Likes

What the hell is Todayfvvzh on Seven at 6:30?

2 Likes

I think that’s meant to be Today Tonight.

1 Like

Sorry about my poor writing. (I was at North Shore Education Centre about a decade ago.) It says Today Tonight at 6:30PM.

1 Like

Donald Trump’s next trending word in a tweet?

1 Like

Looks good to me. You got 6:00 Simpsons and 6:30 Neighbours right. :+1: how was that not printed in there?

Presumably evenings are printed further down the page?

2 Likes

Today’s TV: 3 June 1968, Melbourne.

Source: TV Week

• GTV9 debuts a new breakfast program, Today, with Mike Walsh and Bobo Faulkner. Initially broadcast only in Melbourne but was soon relayed across regional Victoria before being replaced by a dual Sydney-Melbourne based program.
  • ATV0’s Morning Magazine was the first in a long list of morning infomercial shows from the channel – though basically they were always the same show just with a new title every time a new producer came on board. It wound up as Good Morning Melbourne before being axed at the close of 1988.
  • Daytime Australian dramas from HSV7’s Motel and also GTV9’s Divorce Court, which presented dramatised re-enactment of real-life cases from the family court. My memory vaguely recalls that at one point one of the barristers to appear in the show was a very young Bronwyn Bishop.
  • Evening soaps from overseas include Peyton Place and Coronation Street on Nine, and local drama with the relatively new Bellbird on ABC.

YouTube: Conniptions886

4 Likes

Not much effort put into the Star Trek advert!

“Look I’ve got a green apple” seems odd on a B&W show :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just think if he didn’t say what colour it was we would never have known :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Adelaide TV Guide for Easter Sunday, April 19, 1987 courtesy of the Victor Harbor Times via Trove.

• Music video clip shows include “Clipz” on ADS7 and “Trax - The Music” on SAS10. as well as the final season of Countdown on the ABC.
  • Archer, a Network Ten telemovie about the winner of the first Melbourne Cup, was the Sunday Night Movie on SAS10
  • VFL highlights show “The Winners” was on the ABC.
  • The VFL Match of the Day was on SAS10 (via Broadcom) and was the Brisbane Bears’ first home game at Carrara against Fitzroy, full match here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9z8igXJ7FV0
  • No SBS listings, but there was an article on the front page that day of poor television reception in areas of Victor Harbor and Yankalilla (since rectified by translators established in the early 1990s), so I presume SBS on UHF from Mt Lofty was more difficult to receive in these areas hence no need to put listings in.
1 Like

and as a comparison, this is the Melbourne TV Guide for the same day courtesy the Age archives

• Solid Gold, a US pop music series hosted by Marilyn McCoo featuring live (ie. mimed) performances from various US pop stars, airs on ATV10
  • The VFL Match of the Day was on ABC with different commentators than the Broadcom feed carried by TVQ0 and SAS10
  • Sunday Afternoon with Peter Ross became Sunday Morning with Peter Ross in Victoria and starting at 10am to accommodate VFL football on the ABC, there were many complaints from regular viewers as a result.
  • Sportsworld, the Seven Network’s then-new national (except Adelaide and Perth) sports show and replacement for World of Sport, airs on HSV7
  • Cartoons aired on ATV10 from 9am to noon, the following year Video Hits occupied that timeslot for many years.
  • Sydney Rugby League replays aired at midnight on ATV10, followed by Nightshift a rock music video show from 1am to 5am.
1 Like

Jesus Christ Superstar as Ten’s afternoon movie.

1 Like

Easter Sunday that year.

1 Like

The match that weekend would have been Parramatta vs Easts, a match won by the Roosters 28-16. That year Rex Mossop called with Graeme Hughes providing the expert comments, initially from the sideline but later from the booth as Mossop suffered a stroke during a midweek cup match that season (necessitating David Fordham to cover the sideline). The next year Rex was moved into the hosting and experts chair as 10 recruited Ian Maurice to join Hughes as the main callers, and regaining Bill Anderson to do sideline after he was sacked as coach of Balmain after the 1987 season (his only year in charge of the Tigers).

1 Like

And nothing summed up the 80s more than the Solid Gold Dancers.

3 Likes