Classic TV Listings

Saturday, 16 September 2000, Melbourne. Day 1 of competition at the Sydney Olympics featuring the famous Men’s 4x100m Freestyle Relay Final

Source The Age Green Guide Twitter/@ThanhViet86

10 Likes

Tuesday, June 12th 1990 - Canberra, ACT

9 Likes

Split programming across WIN’s VHF and UHF channels on this day in 1988. Six months out from the start of aggregation it looks like they were encouraging viewers to update their antennas ahead of the change.

Screen Shot 2020-09-17 at 6.25.12 PM

6 Likes

Sunday, October 3rd 1976 - Sydney, NSW (plus NBN, WIN and CTC)

6 Likes

Today’s TV: 19.9.1974, Sydney

Today’s TV: 19.9.1984, Sydney

Source: TV Week

4 Likes

Tuesday, May 5th 1982 - Sydney, NSW

6 Likes

Any reason why TEN10 in Sydney were showing Good Morning Melbourne at 11.00am?

1 Like

cheap filler?

1 Like

I can’t imagine ATN7 would be showing VFL in prime time in 1982. Newsworld was also on air in 1982 as the late night news service on Seven Sydney. Early morning cartoons were big on Seven in the morning at that time and ATN didn’t run In Search Of because they’d repackaged it as Great Mysteries of the World. Surely that’s a Melbourne guide?

1 Like

I might have mistaken myself while doing the guide, because i did not save where i got this guide. So i must assume i got it from The Age, which is from Melbourne

1 Like

Sounds like its a Melbourne TV Schedule.

1 Like

The original guide from 1982, probably from Melbourne.

3 Likes

Sunday, October 26th 1980 (SBS launch date) - Sydney, NSW

1 Like

Yep, definitely Melbourne going by the newsreaders.

Any suggestions for classic TV guides?
SES Channel 8 in Mount Gambier and RTS-5A in Riverland was back in the 90’s, also two independent TV stations adopted the WIN branding, for many years had SES8, RTS5A and WIN SA takes a mixture of Seven, Nine and 10 programming until December 2003.

Also from 2004 until 2007, WIN SA takes shows from Nine as well as live sports from Seven, along with WIN TEN takes shows from 10, also from 2007 to 2010, WIN SA was a mixture of Seven programming and cricket from Nine’s sport coverage along with WIN TEN takes shows from 10.

There will be a lot of TV guide and daily highlights: http://web.archive.org/web/20010520020932/http://www.adelaide.net.au/~ggses8/

For memories, the local programs such as SES-8’s Regional News, At Home and Cartoon Connection, as well as the range of programs from three commercial TV networks, such as shows from Seven, Nine and 10, local sports such as basketball, local horse races and country footy and netball scores, overnight epilogue and station close.

1 Like

Yes, The Age is Melbourne

This is day 3. SBS launched on 24 October

I do enjoy the editorialising of the program descriptions here.
“Increasingly popular” for Sons & Daughters
“Mildly amusing” for the Fall Guy
“Well produced though somewhat depressing” for Prisoner.
:laughing:

9 Likes

Another one from Melbourne.
Wednesday, March 9th 1977

Interesting that ABV2 would have the Test Pattern in-between the chidren’s programs in the morning; particularly the 5 minutes between Play School and BTN.

2 Likes

Interesting. No local late news or updates on all stations at the time.