Classic Commercials

The closest we ever got to a domestic Canadian Tire money I see.

Commercial for EON FM (now Triple M Melbourne).

YouTube: A K

“Triple Your Music…EON FM.”

5 Likes

looks like an old winamp visualization

1 Like

Finally found one with the government warning intact:

5 Likes

That sound-byte would be used many times on HHIS.

A 1990s promo for video rental store Movieland.

YouTube: Australian Television Archive

4 Likes

That voice over doing the intro is pretty good. I’m sure I’ve heard him somewhere before.

During the 1980s, a government audio message “smoking is a health hazard” (or its Chinese translation) was played at the end of each tobacco TV commercial in Hong Kong. It meant that each clip had to allow for 5-7 seconds of clear space for the warning to be read out, with the commercial playing in the background.

The arrangement continued until tobacco advertising on electronic media was totally banned in HK in the early 1990s.

1 Like

Hi TV addicts ,

I seem to remember a commercial from the 90s for ‘Tucker Time’- I think it was a product similar to Le Snak in nature. Trouble is, I can’t find any trace of a mention anywhere online!

The jingle was something like: ‘tick tock, tick tock, what’s the time, tucker time!’

Tell me I’m not imagining things.

3 Likes

Absolutely remember the product name and that there was a jingle.

3 Likes

I do remember that product and jingle

2 Likes

I remember it too.

I’m pretty sure the product was one of those refrigerated lunch packs, with the cheese and biscuits, little chocolate bar etc

1 Like

One of my favourite TV ads: the ‘One Tonne Rodeo’ Holden Rodeo Ute ad from about 1998 ,I watch it a lot on You Tube , don’t know how to post the link.:confused:Appropriate since I used to work in an acrylics factory that made vehicle accessories.
I also like the old TAA ads (then they became Australian Airlines,now QANTAS domestic)from the 70s

Richard Stubbs Breakfast Show commercial uploaded

1 Like

Victorian Education Commercial - with sports stars and celebrities singing.

1 Like

Toyota commercial with Jeff Kennett and John Brumby puppets

2 Likes

I uploaded one from February 1988

The Met. Victoria Transport (1988)

2 Likes

Cascade Slam Soft Drink commercia

1 Like

Early “footy on your phone” commercial

3 Likes

.50c per video download, Man could you imagine that now.

2 Likes