Classic Commercials

1 Like
3 Likes

What year has Suzanne Paul started doing informercials?

2 Likes

I think her first informercial for Natural Glow was in 1896 when she was in her mid 30s

3 Likes

I see what you did there. :wink:

2 Likes

(Shameless Plug), I’m now uploading full commercial compilations over on the Internet Archive!

Australian TV Commercials 1 (GTV9, 15.2.2006)

Australian TV Commercials 2 (HSV7, 15.2.2006)

4 Likes

Found it for you. All you have to do is highlight the address in your browser tab, right click “copy” and paste the link here.

3 Likes

Ok ,thanks.One fond memory of this ad is former workmates singing this jingle at work back then

:notes: There’s only one Tony Lockett :notes:

2 Likes

Found a pretty clear, original version of the famous Four N Twenty pie commercial

1 Like

back in the 1980s my dad’s furniture store, just a small one in the suburbs, managed to scrape up enough money to produce a very simple TV ad (he wasn’t in it, it was just a voice over with images of furniture in stock) and they got some cheap slots on Good Morning Australia in the early morning but somehow (I have no idea how) they also got a spot on Perfect Match which at the time was a huge rater but maybe the ad rates were yet to catch up to the show’s high ratings. No idea how they got that prime slot. He had a VHS copy of the ad at the time but no idea what happened to it.

4 Likes
2 Likes

Ah yes, I remember those. Tasted great but probably because they were fried in trans fats and loaded with salt.

This bunch of commercials I digitised includes one for 80 years of service by Pullins

1 Like

2000 Commercial for “Save Melbourne’s Water” starring Melbourne Football Jeff White

1 Like

includes the promo for Angry Anderson helping a kid get surgery - that was later spoofed by Frontline

2 Likes

Home and Away parodies itself.

Sharp video recorders, it’s just like the movie Click (2006)

2 Likes

Loving the retro lines on the screen lol.

2 Likes

Adelaide TV

ADS10 1989

NWS9 1989

ADS10 1991

ADS10 1996

SAS7 1998

2 Likes

NBN Commercial for driving safely around horses

3 Likes