Christchurch Mosques Terror Attack - Coverage

NZ Police briefing: one arrest but active shooter.

Nine report

1 Like

Just came across that video on Facebook, absolutely fucking disgusting.

1 Like

Prime Minister Ardern is speaking.

I hope you reported it. That sort of shit shouldn’t be seen.

Here is an unlisted 1 News live stream on my channel.

Edit: Now live on 1 News Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/1NEWSNZ/videos/267171237540754/

1 Like

Jacinda’s 4pm statement

on NewsHub.

No links to the shooter’s live stream, manifesto or anything similar will be accepted here. Please report anything to the mods.

8 Likes

Blanket coverage in Australia

3 Likes

1news, Jacinda’s 4pm briefing.

Image courtesy of Naru’s YouTube feed posted above.

Ten currently with come extended coverage - now finished.

6 Likes

2 Likes

Was it necessary for Seven to show the footage from the Gunman’s Livestream, albeit cropped? :confused:

Kudos to 1 and Three their journalistic credibility compared what Australia have been reporting. Really shows they do their research and wait for anything official and confirmed before it has been reported and our constant reminders of everything happening tv wise is purely speculation, unconfirmed and what has come from eye witnesses

7 Likes

Seven seem to have only shown caps so far. Nine have shown the video multiple times (and again just now).

1 Like

As someone said earlier, surprised Newshub haven’t brought on a higher profile anchor but Mitch McCann is doing a stellar job. He went to school close by to the shooting, knows the roads and area around it. Thomas Mead exceptional too

5 Likes

Yep, Thomas proves himself over and over again as a consummate Journo. Mike McRoberts, this man is coming for your job!

That’s why I think the editorial decision was made to put McCann in to front the rolling coverage. He is a local and knows the area very well, so for him and Mead to go back and forth flowed more than 1 IMO. I think that once it hits 5, it would be the good time to make the transition onto whoever is presenting at 6.

4 Likes

1 News is now live on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/1NEWSNZ/videos/267171237540754/

1 Like

Both networks are padding now.

Thanks to NaruTVMock for posting a livestream of 1’s coverage.

3 Likes

Mitch keeps referring to Brougham Ave… should be Brougham Street.
I guess he’s just reading what’s on the autocue as he hasn’t had a chance to query it?