Christchurch Mosques Terror Attack - Coverage

Newshub is live with Tom McRae.

Some Caps

Yes but the facts are established by the mere existence of that video. That’s what I’m getting at.

1 Like

Doesn’t appear as though TVNZ has anything extra today.

Marae at 10am did have some coverage from Christchurch, discussing about how to discuss this event and comfort children, talked about the political ramifications which they had Marama Davidson from the Greens & Rino Tirikatene from Labour.

Newshub will be back at 5pm today

2 Likes

More like defending some potentially bad decisions of what to run on air - this is simply a cynical attempt to head off criticism (that will most likely come from within on Monday night). Not to mention on an opportunity to have a few subtle digs at their opposition.

Why? The fact that our own reporters are dispatched the really poor form - interviewing people who say stuff like “he was such a nice kid” or “I’d never thought he was capable of that” adds fuck all to the coverage

And they are of questionable protection here as well

1 Like

In regards to their dispatch into Grafton, they’re basically just fuelling the publicity and attention that the murderer will receive, which is what he wanted. It’s rubbish.

3 Likes

Here is the RNZ Mediawatch programme. Great to listen about the thoughts about the coverage nationally and internationally.

2 Likes

Sunday Night have a story and interview at 8:30pm tonight.

1 Like

Newshub is back on air with Tom McRae hosting again

1 Like

Turns out it is

https://twitter.com/TeamYouTube/status/1106998782669918208

3 Likes

Police Commissioner Mike Bush is speaking to the media. Stating the police responded in 6 minutes from the first calls to 111.

I did see this as well. On the day I could do it, a lot of videos of the live stream and some thumbnails (pretty graphic ones to) of the stream were being posted.

1 Like

Not to be outdone, Sarah Abo has done a report for 60 Minutes tonight:
https://twitter.com/60Mins/status/1107108836723187712

3 Likes

1 News has started Wendy & Simon live in Christchurch again. It seems like they swapped places with Mike and Melissa from Newshub yesterday

Newshub yesterday

2 Likes

This was the open to the 1 News at 6pm. This will be the last video I’ll post in regards of this unless some significant coverage comes up. Will keep posting caps right here.

A live cross to Sean Hogan at the turn out in the Wellington vigil.

Sunday will be live at 7:30pm with more indepth coverage from Christchurch

5 Likes

Seven News tonight

and Nine Sydney

5 Likes

Seven News Brisbane has sent Sarah Greenhalgh to Christchurch to file reports for the network.

2 Likes

Some caps from the 5pm Newshub special

Newshub Live at 6pm

8 Likes

5 Likes

SBS World News

Seven News Adelaide

3 Likes