Christchurch Mosques Terror Attack - Coverage

The shot with the three reporters on screens is outstanding.

17 Likes

Here is tonight’s Seven News Sydney bulletin with Mark Ferguson in Christchurch

3 Likes

I’'m presuming the Perth lineup compared to the National lineup wasn’t that different, what with all the Christchurch coverage?

1 Like

See, it can be done.

4 Likes

THIS is what we SHOULD be projecting onto the Opera House. Positive messages, local artistry, memorials to tragedy, etc. Goodbye Alan Jones…

7 Likes

It is genuinely beautiful to see for our lil ol’ New Zealand. Hate will not rise above the love being circulated in every pocket of the world.

Coverage today has again proven respectful, calculated and comprehensive. Both NZ networks planned an array of reports accordingly, using time from the breakfast specials till tonight’s extended evening bulletins.

Special mention to Lisa Owen and the Checkpoint team from RNZ for their efforts, with quite a small team - managing to cover all the key areas needed for this extensive event.

Journalists are picking up touching; heartfelt moments that highlight the beauty of humanity and the beauty of a united Ōtautahi Christchurch :heart:

Continue to stay safe and check up on one another y’all.

9 Likes

10 posts were merged into an existing topic: International Politics (non-USA)

Nine also sent over Gabrielle Boyle.

Probably the most chilling of the reporting I saw (from 4:15):

An interesting piece from the ABC on how they chose to cover the story:

I’ve noticed earlier today that none of the filters or sorts work on You Tube. E.g. you can’t refine YT searches by upload date. Is this some sort of attempt to hide videos associated with the Christchurch shootings or a coincidence?

2 Likes

Full NBC News Broadcast, Including the Christchurch Terror Attack.

1 Like

Born, raised and worked for TVNZ in Christchurch before she became their Aussie correspondent.

Have any NZ reporters been dispatched to Grafton, NSW, to prepare an angle on the main suspect? I know the government has tried to keep reporting on him to minimal lengths - either through law or urging, I don’t know.

Not everyone views live streams nor do they use social media. There’s plenty of potential Jury members who only see TV, Radio and Print. It’s about limiting bias, as it is in Australia.

Don’t think so, but I’ve seen Australian stories shown on NewsHub about the Grafton perspective. I imagine 1News had something similar.

1 Like

Ah so that’s where Seven got their inspiratiom for their headline graphics.

Good roundup from Colin Peacock of the Media’s responses on RNZ’s Mediawatch just now. Hopefully they post it online, might be a while though, it was interrupted near the end by the latest Police Conference.

Newshub is live with Tom McRae.

Some Caps

Yes but the facts are established by the mere existence of that video. That’s what I’m getting at.