Chris & Julia’s Sunday Night Takeaway

Pang and Swan Sunday Takeaway!

It would make zero sense for Ten to revisit this again. It flopped big time and only had a very short run.

I agree that there is a lack of variety shows on TV but if they decide to go that angle, it needs to be something else.

2 Likes

There would have to be a major shift in Australian’s viewing habits to make this in anyway feasible. We just don’t watch FTA on Saturday nights except for some sports and even those show lower viewing numbers. If people are watching screens it is streaming sport or watching Netflix et al. It would take a major investment and promotional push to change that, and those resources would be better put towards other nights.

It was also on air in the wrong time of year. Should have been a winter show IMO

1 Like

A lot of posts here for a short-lived show (but then again, i am also posting here! lol).

This show, and also the short-lived Saturday Night Rove, failed, because of a few things. Like poor timeslots perhaps? We’re over it? Wrong hosts? Who knows. Sadly, these days, Saturday night is a graveyard for 10. Not worth the big costs for a variety show.

Sunday nights could work, as that’s where Rove moved to for a few years, after switching away from Tuesday nights. It rated alright-ish, from memory. Will it work in 2024 though? But then again, Graham Norton is there atm, at an earlier slot, but is rating very poorly. Would an Aussie version at 8.30 work? The only team that could make it work is from The Working Dog. But i think they are overworked at the moment.

Sunday night is the next dead spot for 10.
Soon they will only be programming Monday-Thursday with the other nights filled with repeat/filler programming

3 Likes