Chris & Julia’s Sunday Night Takeaway

But Survivor survived it, this year. :wink:

2 Likes

Also they kept saying Sunday Night Takeaway. I guess we don’t even know what day at is at this point so they can get away with it.

Will Reheated get encored, and then repeated, later in the week? :stuck_out_tongue:

With all the different names thrown around, wouldn’t be long before they have a ‘Takeaway Uncensored’ planned :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

you cant reheat something twice, it will poison you

The ratings are in

A great comment on Twitter.

3 Likes

They needed to at least trying something new in that slot like unaired episodes of Celebrity Name Game.

It’s quite curious that even when a show flops Ten still performs significantly better in the 16-39 demo than total people.

1 Like

And for the 19 people who actually watched the show over the last two weeks - the show has been bumped to 3.50pm to today on Ten. The dreaded daytime Saturday slot. Where shows go and die… lol

3 Likes

Shocked they’re even bothering to air it!

4 Likes

Gotta keep Chris and Julia busy I suppose :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Think this show was waaay underrated. It was great family fun and would love to see Ten revisit this for Saturday nights all year round as they have no sport.
Definitely with new hosts (they have no choice) and use for comedians, musical performance and giveaways like the old days of hey hey.
We need variety back on TV!!!

4 Likes

Unfortunately it wouldn’t add up economically. It rated poorly when it was on Sundays and Saturdays are already a basket case for 10. It’s good to be optimistic but it’s realistically never going to work.

6 Likes

Pang and Swan Sunday Takeaway!

It would make zero sense for Ten to revisit this again. It flopped big time and only had a very short run.

I agree that there is a lack of variety shows on TV but if they decide to go that angle, it needs to be something else.

2 Likes

There would have to be a major shift in Australian’s viewing habits to make this in anyway feasible. We just don’t watch FTA on Saturday nights except for some sports and even those show lower viewing numbers. If people are watching screens it is streaming sport or watching Netflix et al. It would take a major investment and promotional push to change that, and those resources would be better put towards other nights.

It was also on air in the wrong time of year. Should have been a winter show IMO

1 Like

A lot of posts here for a short-lived show (but then again, i am also posting here! lol).

This show, and also the short-lived Saturday Night Rove, failed, because of a few things. Like poor timeslots perhaps? We’re over it? Wrong hosts? Who knows. Sadly, these days, Saturday night is a graveyard for 10. Not worth the big costs for a variety show.

Sunday nights could work, as that’s where Rove moved to for a few years, after switching away from Tuesday nights. It rated alright-ish, from memory. Will it work in 2024 though? But then again, Graham Norton is there atm, at an earlier slot, but is rating very poorly. Would an Aussie version at 8.30 work? The only team that could make it work is from The Working Dog. But i think they are overworked at the moment.

Sunday night is the next dead spot for 10.
Soon they will only be programming Monday-Thursday with the other nights filled with repeat/filler programming

3 Likes