Promo Endtags:

28/11/2004:

Sunday/Red Lineup:

Sponsor Billboard:

Sunday/Red PRG:

Promo Endtags:

Feel Good Summer Promo:

4 Likes

Content from Channel Nine Melbourne (24 November 2005)

Lineup

Sponsor billboard

Thursday PRG

(Channel nine Melbourne used Arial as their PRG while Perth used a different font for PRG due to Sunraysia TV owning STW9)

End Caps

That was the final episode of The Price is right on Channel Nine, as host Larry Emdur left to head off to channel 7 to host Wheel of Fortune.

News opener

Thank you to @Zampakid for the caps from Nine Perth in 2004-06 period with the inclusion of Sponsor billboards, PRG, lineup shows

3 Likes

Screen caps from Channel Nine Melbourne (15 September 2004)

Still the One ident

Orange PRG

End caps

3 Likes

Breaking News super during State of Origin: The Decider, 2005. (Which NSW won convincingly and the 8th Immortal put on an absolute clinic!)

4 Likes

Promo

4 Likes

Adding to the extra caps from Nine Melbourne (15 Sep 2004)

Double trouble promo

3 Likes

Taken on Channel Nine Adelaide on New Year’s Day 2006 (1/1/2006)

Credit to AussiesExposed.com for the watermark.

3 Likes

:thinking:

7 Likes

11 Likes

50 Years, 50 Shows PRG in Nine 2005. Correct me if i’m wrong but what was the date that was televised?

1 Like

The Channel Nine special “50 Years, 50 Shows” had it’s first screening on September 25, 2005.

There was also a repeat screening sometime in 2006 (possibly around the same time that “50 Years, 50 Stars” went to air), if I’m not mistaken.

3 Likes

Bob Peters was the voiceover for the 50 Years, 50 Shows on Nine in 2005. When this was repeated in 2006, it has the same voiceover guy (even though, Peters worked at Network TEN during that year). That year, Eddie McGuire became CEO of Nine (after the death of Kerry Packer in late December 2005).

1 Like

I’m still confused why Channel 9 had those 50 year idents and specials in 2005, when TCN9 first started in 1956?? Were they too excited to wait another year or something?

2 Likes

Probably want to start the celebrations before Nine (temporarily, as we now know) dropped the dots?

I seem to remember (and perhaps @AussieTV has footage) the “50 Years” Idents in 2006 being a very dreary affair…

2 Likes

I recall having tapes dated from September 2006, but I will have to find them first. :)))

4 Likes

Taken on Channel Nine Adelaide in 3 March 2005
PRG

3 Likes

A couple of publicity prints.

9 Likes

Wow. Imagine if we got our hands on full HD copies of the entire package…!

4 Likes

Hehe I’m sure they are floating around on a harddrive somewhere!

I actually found that searching websites like Vimeo and Behance you can see a lot of work that artists have done for TV networks as part of their portfolio. There’s one on Vimeo for the Ten News refresh of 2008 and its an alternative version to what went to air.

2 Likes

Too bad they’re all VHS quality