Channel Nine On-Air Presentation: 2002-04

Channel Nine Friday PRG (Adelaide) Taken in Circa 2003

Taken from an episode of The Price is Right.

3 Likes

Content from Nine Melbourne 17/9/2002

Lineup:

CSI Ident:

Sponsor Billboard:

Tuesday/Purple PRG:

Watermark:

Promo Endtags:

9 Likes

Ah so Ch 9 was the first to use Bebas (or at least a very similar version to what we know as Bebas now) before it became popular with Ch 10 sports broadcasts

Taken from Channel Nine Brisbane (25 May 2003)

Credits to m01 video for the production

2 Likes

Caps from Channel Nine Perth 11/12/2003

Lineup:

Sponsor Billboard (yes, they’ve used the 2002 graphics during Y&R!):

PRG:

Christmas Carols Segments:

Promo Endtags

6 Likes

I think that’s the 2002 Sponsor Billboard design (2001 had a curved window for the Sponsor videos), quite interesting to see it still in use on Nine Perth over a year after the relaunch!

3 Likes

Back in the days, STW9 Perth used to do the Christmas Carols segments. From Neerabup Primary School, to Gosnells Primary School singing songs.

Nine Perth PRG is very different to the ones from Nine Sydney and Nine Melbourne. TCN and GTV9 had name of program inside the colored rectangular strips.

Red coloured promo of Survivor on 7:30PM SUNDAY/8:30PM MONDAY. Never seen that before. Yikes!

I was under the impression that when the graphics package first launched, the East Coast Nine stations initially used a similar PRG design to the one used in Perth.

The coloured bar variants of the PRG came around later, if I’m not mistaken.

I would have thought that Bob Peters was doing the voiceovers for the Lineup for Perth, if I’m not mistaken.
For the endtags, I believed that Steve Britten does voiceovers for The OC, Survivor and WIld Things. While Ken Sparkes did v/os for Wife Swap, Fear Factor, The King of QUeens. Chris Brown, voiceover of Nine Perth did the Gardening WA, Real Estate Lifestyle & Investments.

Nice pics! I think I might have the exact same hour of YR on one of my tapes. Hopefully we can get two cities covered! :)))

3 Likes

Correct.

3 Likes

I’m made to believe this show would eventually find its way to Channel Ten?

1 Like

Taken on Channel Nine Adelaide in 2003 (Monday)

During an episode of The Price is Right

Larry Emdur (host) says hello to the new contestant!

4 Likes

Caps from Nine Perth 10/9/2003

Lineup:

McLeod’s Daughters Ident:

PRG:

Promo Endtags:

4 Likes

Yes aired on Ten 8.30 Tuesdays before Rove Live.

1 Like

ABC News will rebroadcast the original footage of the Lunar landing and EVA’s (extravehicular activities) this Sunday morning on the ABC News Channel live in real time from 12.50pm AEST this Sunday.

Clips from Nine Perth 10/9/2003

Lineup and McLeod’s Daughters Ident:

Promo Montage:

5 Likes

Taken from Channel Nine Adelaide on Thursday in 2003

PRG

Available in WS Digital pop up (Excuse to Larry Emdur’s reaction!)

3 Likes

Found this while browsing through my old hard-drive, Wednesday/Orange VPG

15 Likes

I know that eastern states have the Nine Guide on Ch99. On my Akai Set Top Box that I had previously it didn’t have the Nine Guide in perth. Instead it only had Nine Digital and Nine HD channels.