Channel Nine On-Air Presentation: 2001-02

The final episode of Sale of the Century. Aired November 29.
Courtesy of Andyroo.

Even though it was the final episode, there are hints of “next year”.

3 Likes

Technical Problem that occured on Nine Sydney in July 2001:

3 Likes

Caps from Nine Melbourne - late May or June 2002

Lineup:

Sponsor Billboards:

PRG:

Promo Endtags:

8 Likes

The 2D flat 9 logo used for only 2 years. Timeless

2 Likes

Caps from Nine Sydney - Wednesday 18/7/2001:

PRG:

Promos:

4 Likes

To be exact…July 18, 2001.

Presumably “Pardners” was the movie that accidental rewind of the DigiBeta tape (as posted above) happened during? :wink:

1 Like

Thanks. :+1:

Yep. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

PRG from Channel 9 2001 during an ep on Sale of the Century

Video courtesy From As Seen on TV YT channel

3 Likes

Nine Melbourne - April 2002

4 Likes

Caps from Nine Sydney - Sunday 11/2/2001

PRG:

Promo Endtags:

Monday Night Promo:

Promo during movie’s end credits:

5 Likes

Caps from Nine Sydney - Wednesday 24/7/2002

Sponsor Billboard:

PRG:

Promo Endtags:

2 Likes

Wow is that 16:9 footage captured on VHS? What else is on that tape? That would be quite interesting to see other Nine programming in widescreen from that era.

Yep, although i’ve cropped it to get rid of the top and bottom black lines.

A Nightline bulletin. Finding widescreen/digital TV from 2001-02 would be like finding hen’s teeth.

Omg! Is the Nightline bulletin in 16:9??

Apologies for bumping this topic (which I know, isn’t entirely relevant to the topic of Channel Nine On-Air Presentation from 2001/02) but it’s to my understanding that the “Andyroo” YouTube channel may actually be that of Andrew Yeend, the Sale Of The Century contestant who in mid-1999 won the lot in a nailbiter. He was also part of that 2001 “The Masters” series, which turned out to be the end for Sale Of The Century.

Of course with mentions of Andrew being from Baulkham Hills in some of those episodes on his channel, those recordings are definitely from Channel Nine Sydney! :slight_smile:

I think that it was only the movie shown in 16.9 letterbox on analogue TV, with the ad breaks still being in 4.3

Indeed. Hopefully one day we’ll see/find more widescreen content from the early days of digital TV, but since very few people had it back in 2001/02 for now we probably should just be thankful for the oodles of analogue TV recordings from that era.

1 Like

I never knew South Park was on Nine. From memory it used to be on SBS.

If you see the RPG, it is the movie which indeed aired on Nine. The series was always initially on SBS.

2 Likes

Unfortunately no…only the film was shown in 16:9 while the ad breaks and programs shown before and after were 4:3 on analogue.

On analogue, Nine aired their news content in 4:3 although it was recorded in 16:9 WS. Only if you had digital would you get the extra picture on both sides.

4 Likes

Caps from Nine Sydney - Sunday 14/10/2001

Sunday Night at the Movies Opener:

PRG:

Survivor Africa In-Program Promo:

Promo Endtags:

4 Likes