sport

Movie Opener:

Promos:

PRG:
normal

Easter

Christmas

9 Likes

I don’t have that much in my collection from this particular On-Air Presentation package, but here’s a few caps of some promos from July 2001:

As far as I can tell, Nine replaced the 1999/2000 “New Millennium Television” graphics with this look on Monday January 1, 2001 to coincide with the launch of Digital TV. Tweaks were made to the Promo, Lineup and Sponsor Billboard graphics for 2002 (not 100% sure exactly when though) which only lasted two thirds of the year before Nine went in a very different direction with it’s On-Air Presentation…

11 Likes

Nine’s 2D logo appearing as a watermark before the full relaunch after the broadcast

5 Likes

Melbourne’s version:

5 Likes

I liked this era of 9’s presentation. They just oozed class and polish.

5 Likes

The production company who created the fantastic 2001-02 look.

http://www.velvet.de/channel9-redesign/

4 Likes

Program schedule delay scroll:

4 Likes

Production Closer:

5 Likes

Couple of caps in Widescreen:

8 Likes

Promo endtags from early morning 15/4/2001:

2 Likes

From the information I can gather, the movie “Too Rich: The Secret Life of Doris Duke” had it’s Channel Nine premiere on April 15, 2001 (which was also Easter Sunday). :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Love this. The production quality is MUCH higher than it is today. I often wonder how long it would have taken them to render these using 2000 computer technology.

2 Likes

Taken off Channel Nine Perth in 2001.

1 Like

Great package this one IMO.

3 Likes

Content from Nine Melbourne

11/6/2002:

12/6/2002:

19/8/2002:

6 Likes

The super challenge ODI cricket was played in mid year in Melbourne. I feel that this was quite a dumb decision from International Cricket Council to play a cricket match in winter at Telstra dome.

Taken from Nine Melbourne (5/4/2002)

End tags

Lineup

Ident

PRG

End credits

On that day, Shafted aired its final episode due to low ratings. Frasier replaced the game show in its 7pm timeslot from 8 April 2002.

1 Like

Promo Endtags from Channel Nine Sydney 6/4/2002:

4 Likes

Taken on Channel Nine Melbourne on 3 March 2001

DUring Cash bonanza with Larry emdur

Ident

PRG

End Tags

1 Like

By 2001, Sale of the Century was dipping in the ratings.

1 Like