Channel Nine On-Air Presentation: 2001-02

Taken on Nine Melbourne in 19 Feb 2002

Still the one ident

Sponsor billboard

PRG

End tags

1 Like

I’d forgotten all about that one. Wasn’t there a tie in with a lottery or scratchie?

Edit: found the YouTube video you took the screenshots from and answered my own question.

1 Like

It was kind of a lottery based show where it contained a lot of lottery companies in many places of Australia. This show was filmed on Warner Bros, Gold Coast.
I never watched this show as a child and I think that this had lack of skills, knowledge and risk-taking. Correct me if i’m wrong, but the ratings started off well but started to decline during the next few episodes.

1 Like

Citation needed :thinking:

1 Like

Channel Nine Perth Lineup and Ident:

Don’t know the exact date of this lineup

5 Likes

Looks like Feb 2002 to me however the voiceover guy is different to the east coast. The East coast ones had a female voiceover and Ken Sparkes If I’m not mistaken.

Different font as well?

A nice collection of the 2001 idents and some genre-based promos

8 Likes

Graham Cousens is an incredible artist.

1 Like

Good collection of the Genre Based promos.
Anyways the songs that were used in the compilation that I prefer was

1. Let me Entertain You (Entertainment)
  2. Ready to Go (Sport)
  3. Can’t Get Enough of You Baby (Comedy)
  4. Round (Drama)

This was a great presentation

2 Likes
3 Likes

Again, it has to be said: How did the “Film Projector” Ident never make it to air? That would’ve made for an absolutely brilliant Movie Opener (even though the one Nine actually used during that era was also good) IMO!

Unfortunately it seems to have disappeared off the internet, but there were also more unused soundtracks from that package.

Taken off Channel Nine Melbourne in 22/6/2002

1 Like

I don’t know if that Promo for “The Season So Far” is the earliest usage of that particular template, but Nine built a complete On-Air Presentation package for The NRL Footy Show around it.

1 Like

The Season So Far was an AFL show produced via Melbourne studios.

1 Like

Promo Endtags from 28/7/2001:

5 Likes

To be exact…July 28, 2001! :slight_smile:

Of course the “Special Time” of 8.45pm for that week’s edition of 60 Minutes (and therefore, the 9.45pm “Special Adults” movie) would’ve been due to coverage of the 2001 FINA World Championships.

4 Likes

The Weapon of Choice themed network idents always stick out as the main thing about this era with Nine. Certainly not something you’d see nowadays (especially with the local inserts for the various news teams not just with Nine, but WIN and NBN too).

5 Likes

Or as I like to call them, the idents where white people do things.

2 Likes

Caps and Clip from Channel Nine Sydney 3/11/2001

Lineup/Sponsor Billboard and Saturday Night at the Movies Opener:

Promo Endtags:

2 Likes