Central Media NZ: AK_NEWS' Mock TV station!

@FootyKick People from all over the world, including New Zealand and Australia, create their dream television networks. However, these are fictional broadcasters and will NOT broadcast to New Zealand, Australia or anywhere else in the world, as they are fictitious and imaginary.

1 Like

THE NEW BREAKFAST TEAM
WILHELMINA SHRIMPTON
Along with her Four Corners commitments on the PTV Network, Wilhelmina will present Breakfast from Mon-Wed
SIMON SHEPHERD
Simon will move from Newshub Nation to Breakfast to co host with Wilhelmina from Mon-Wed. He will also co host with Sacha McNeil from Thu-Fri
SACHA MCNEIL
Sacha will be on Breakfast from Thu-Fri with Simon.
NICKY STYRIS
Nicky will read sport each day.
SUSIE NORDQVIST
Susie will read the News each day.
MITCH MCCANN
Mitch is on the Finance desk each morning
HEATHER KEATS
Heather does the Weather from Mon-Thu
INGRID HIPKISS
Along with Ingrid’s commitments on Plus Television, she will be on the weather duties on Friday’s

1 Like

WTV Early News at 5am
Presented by Susie Nordqvist
WTV News Midday
Presented by Samantha Hayes
WTV News at 3:30pm
Presented by Samantha Hayes
WTV Local News: Dunedin/Christchurch/Tauranga
Presented by Mike McRoberts
WTV News at 6:30
Presented by Lucy Warhurst and Chris Chang
WTV Late News
Presented by Melissa Chan-Green

Susie Nordqvist will now anchor the Breakfast News. Jenny Suo will take up commitments at Plus.

Can anyone make a graphics design for WTV News?

1 Like

IMPORTANT ABOUT NEWS
Susie Nordqvist will be reading a pre recorded Early news bulletin at 5am, this is due to her Early news commitments at Plus Television.
Samantha Hayes will read the Midday and 3:30 bulletins before anchoring Plus News at 6:30
Mike McRoberts will anchor Local news for Christchurch, Dunedin and Tauranga
Melissa Chan-Green will still anchor Late News

2 Likes

All good mate.

1 Like

On the Weekends, Janika Ter Ellen will anchor the Evening News. and also Hayley Holt will anchor the Late News which will be at 10:30 instead of 11:30 on the usual weekdays

Janika ter Ellen will anchor the late news segment as part of Nightline on PTV1 (with Mitch McCann) - weeknights at 10.30-11.15pm. Janika will wrap up the day’s major news stories and Mitch will front the programme itself, which delves deeper into the significant events and issues of the day. It’s like Checkpoint on RNZ… with the inclusion of commercial breaks.

I don’t know if Hayley Holt will join WTV as she is committed to the new look NZBC (New Zealand Broadcasting Corporation). The new NZBC (which is like transforming the power of both RNZ and TVNZ into a combined, state-owned corporation) will also play host to existing TVNZ personalities like Simon Dallow, Hilary Barry, John Campbell, Jessica Mutch McKay and Jack Tame, as well as Susie Ferguson (from Morning Report on RNZ).

1 Like

Erin Conroy is another option for the Late News.

1 Like

NIGHTWATCH
From March 17, TVNZ anchor Wendy Petrie will anchor a nightly show from 11pm before the Late News. It brings you up to date with the latest news and entertainment. The program will be on WTV1 and a replay at 12am on WTV3

1 Like

THE SNAPSHOT WITH KANOA LLOYD
Kanoa Lloyd will present The Snapshot on WTV3. The Snapshot will bring you up to date with the latest news from entertainment sector.

CHANGE OF LOGOS

Due to unforeseen circumstances, I have to make some adjustments to the WTV logo.

The previous design was similar to that of RNZ, in real life, and it looked like a duplicate of the RNZ logo. So I had to replace it with an original design, featuring ‘WTV’ and the words ‘ONE’, ‘TWO’, 'THREE and ‘NEWS’ in lower case letters and four stars which represent the Southern Cross constellation. Each service has a distinct colour theme: WTV One is red, WTV Two is blue, WTV Three is orange and WTV News is grey. The WTV logo with Te Reo was dropped.

I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

3 Likes

Looks amazing!

2 Likes

@PaddyTePou do you have any desk designs for the news and Breakfast?

1 Like

Sadly, I don’t have any desk designs for WTV News and WTV Breakfast. In the meantime, the desk used in The Breakdown and other Sky Sport shows, in real life, can be used for WTV’s news and current affairs programmes.

Desk used in “The Breakdown”. Photo courtesy of Sky Network Television.

DISCLAIMER: WTV (Western Television New Zealand Ltd) is a fictitious broadcaster and will not broadcast to New Zealand, as it is fictitious and imaginary. Thank you for understanding.

2 Likes

That desk is Great! But i dont think it will be good for News. We will use it for Breakfast tho.

2 Likes