Central Coast Radio

Interestingly, 2CCC (Coast FM) had the 96.3 frequency relatively clear when they started permanent broadcasting in August 1992. JJJ didn’t start their Taree service until January 1995, when the network began to be rolled out into regional areas.

4 Likes

For me it is the super strong Cada splattering all over it. 2ST Nowra doesn’t get into Sydney very well even with tropo so 91.7 would so solve the Cada interference in the south and Triple J CCI in the north.

3 Likes

They would probably need to find a new frequency for the part time Chinese 2CR 91.6 though. That could move to 89.5 or 90.7.

3 Likes

Yes they would. I don’t understand what the issue ACMA has with 89.5 mhz.
This is a clear frequency with nothing on it until Goulburn, and a low powered ABC retransmission.

90.7 too close to 2PNN Illawarra and that could potentially splatter over the TCL.

89.5 would be perfect for Sydney TCL’s and would rid the CCI issues with Move fm which even occur in Clarence along the eastern boundary of the Lithgow LA.

Also the TCL sites are at Hurstville for the Chinese and Islamic stations , and the Olympic Park for show radio. With a 200W ERP signal they would be OK distance wise from Liverpool / Waverley.

3 Likes

Actually, 91.6 transmits out of Sydney Tower, so using 89.5 wouldn’t be ideal, as it would be too close to 2RES Waverley, both frequency & geography wise.

On a sidenote, this would explain why 91.6 comes into Wollongong quite well, causing massive splatter on 91.7 2ST down there (at least it was the case when it transmitted out of Huskisson, unsure if it’s still occurring since transmitting out of Cambewarra Mountain).

3 Likes

I can now see the reasoning behind 91.6 and 107.9.

I don’t know if 91.5 would be too close to 2MAC C91.3?

2 Likes
2 Likes

Does anybody know when Mel (ex-NewFM Breakfast) is on-air at Star104.5? Who has she replaced?

1 Like

Covering afternoons currently.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Co3iTd3yFz_/?hl=en

3 Likes

It looks like she’s just doing some casual fill in work.

2 Likes

A shame it’s not quite the “NewFM Drive show” she was initially moving to.

1 Like

As mentioned on the “Community Radio” thread:

2 Likes

I think @RFBurns may have commented on this before, but on Friday when driving back up from the Central Coast, I note Lake Macquarie FM 97.3 interfering with the local Triple M 107.7 right near the TX site (just north of the Kanangra Dr turnoff to Summerland Point).

If that was the same issue you noted, I’m a little surprised it still hasn’t been resolved.

2 Likes

I do remember discussing that, but wouldn’t know where to start searching for the discussion, I’m not sure I mentioned 107.7 specifically though, because I wouldn’t have been listening to that station at any time, I remember saying they were causing interference across a number of stations but can’t remember what ones?

It did get fixed, though it took some time (couple of months I think it might have been), the issue might have resurfaced again?

I probably wont remember to check/test next time I’m going past to or from work either.

Actually I found it & they were interfering across the AM band https://forums.mediaspy.org/t/community-radio/510/898?u=rfburns not sure if @Radiohead checked the FM band at the time & maybe you did find it interfering on 107.7?
Maybe there was interference another time too, where it was found on 107.7?

2 Likes

Thanks, i didn’t check other frequencies but thought it was odd… It didn’t seem to affect 102.9 as I was listening to that on the way down and didn’t notice anything.

I’ll try and get back down there and see how widespread it is or if intermittent etc and report back.

3 Likes

Rumours are the Alan Jones segment on Coast FM have ceased from this week.

4 Likes

Due to poor feedback? Or something else?

2 Likes

That’s correct, Alan has too much other stuff to do & has said he’s not interested in doing it anymore, probably as it took his time to do & he got no payments for it, he was doing it for free as a favour for John Singleton.

5 Likes

Central Coast radio will never be the same again.

5 Likes

I went back down to the Crangan Bay area today and couldn’t replicate the same issue I had last week with 97.3 causing interference to 107.7 (or any other frequency on AM or FM).

There was something very brief on 107.7 in one isolated spot on Kanangra Dr but nothing like it was last week, and nothing detected on the Pacific Highway.

3 Likes