Central Coast Radio

Does Rob live on the coast?

1 Like

Exactly what I was thinking, maybe a ‘bad case’ of an April Fools joke. Just Mandy playing “Addicted to Love” all morning. If so ‘She’ll make my day’, I don’t mind Palmer’s hits.

3 Likes

I just was switching between 2GO and Star 104.5 in my car. They were playing the exact same Harvey Norman ad in unison.

1 Like

Whilst up in Sydney’s Northern Beaches, I’ve noticed that Coast FM now uses “Classic Hits on the Central Coast” (I may be paraphrasing here) as their secondary positioner.

Also, 2GO, which now uses a separate music log from the rest of the Triple M regional network (and is shared with Triple M Hobart), promotes the fact that they now play “The songs the Central Coast hasn’t heard in ages”.

1 Like

What type of music do 2GO play now mate?
I can’t find their music log.

This link is a good start: http://fred.aimapi.io/services/nowplaying/sca/2ggo/onair.json

Also, lava.net.au is another good place to check out their log.

The music they now play on 2GO is mostly music from the 70s to 00s, with very little new music, especially when compared to the rest of the regional Triple M network.

2 Likes

Not a secondary positioner, Coast FM has been Classic Hits since midnight Jan 1st 2019, we replaced all the on air music library & re did all the logs.

Web site needs updating, but everything else is Classic Hits only.

4 Likes

That’s good to know, thanks. :+1:

I think their new “Classic Hits” format/positioner further enhances Coast FM’s point-of-difference to the local commercial stations. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Good move by 2GO and SCA.

Clearly move away from SeaFM & Star104.5.

1 Like

2GO’s stream has been stuck on an “AFL is currently playing on the this station” loop all day today.

1 Like

AN improvement on their music format many would think.

1 Like

Sea FM: Gawndy and Ash Pollard are on holidays with Nic Kelly filling in. They are back tomorrow.

Star 104.5: Rabbit and Julie Goodwin are still live.

2GO: Mandy and Rob Palmer are also still live.

2 Likes

I saw this as part of a wraparound on a central coast newspaper the other day.
The paper might have been 4-6 weeks old, but to anyone not in the media circles you’d think SCA & Nine-NBN were one in the same.

4 Likes

Interesting ad. Yeah, SCA does ad sales for NBN these days.

One wonders how often (or even if) any market research is done into how widely watched NBN News is in the Central Coast compared to the Sydney 6pm bulletins.

3 Likes

And that’s why.

The mention of facebook fans for 2GO is laughable. Their broadcast medium of radio is what is supposed to get results, but when your share is lagging, they throw a decoy, might fool some of those direct clients.

4 Likes

SCA does ad sales for just about everyone these days, that was the primary reasoning behind the rebrand of everything to Triple M & Hit.

One sales person says I’ll give you so many spots across the Triple M network, NBNTV & whoever else for so many $.

Lazy sales, & not even close to best value or options for the advertisers, ok for Hardly Normal who mostly have the same generic ad across the country.

2 Likes

They could have bumped up the social media fans numbers by adding these in!

2GO
Instagram - 1,158
Twitter - 1,932

SEA
Instagram - 8,921
Twitter - 5,046

“Most Loved”?

Last time I checked Star 104.5 was the most loved.

And I dare say the Sydney TV news bulletins outrate NBN News, which probably explains the scarce amount of local news they actually have.

3 Likes

…is a deliberately meaningless term. Surveys measure station listenership, not listener satisfaction; for all we know, a whole bunch of Coasties could be hate-listening to Star :slight_smile:

1 Like

Which would be a stupid reason to listen to it! :rofl: