Central Coast Radio

Tbh, it’s not like it could get much worse. Fresh blood & changing of the guard is probably the best thing they could do.

Akmal on the Coast? That’s a pretty big get.

Only time will tell but it’s good that Mandy is coming back to Coast radio after her time with Star, wait and see with Akmal

Not too many fans f Mandy and Akmal on the 2GO Facebook page. I haven’t listened but does anyone else have any thoughts on it?

I personally think commercial radio stations in the Central Coast radio market should be providing listeners with a strong point of difference to the fortuitously receivable stations from Sydney & Newcastle.

From my observations, Nova Entertainment is still doing a reasonable job of that with Star 104.5 but the SCA duo could probably do better…to say the least.

2 Likes

101.3 Sea FM rates #1 and have for at least the last two years so they can’t be doing too bad… 2GO is a different story

Part of the problem for SCA stations is that the music playlists for Sea FM & 2GO are done from the Gold Coast, whereas Star 104.5’s music playlist is done locally. Therefore, you sometimes have the situation where both 2GO & KO have the same playlist (normally, KO has its own music log), likewise for between Sea FM & hit106.9 (formerly NXFM).

That is true, although Star 104.5 is closing in on Sea & is therefore putting the latter’s #1 position under threat.

This year’s survey should be quite interesting to say the least, as I would imagine Star gaining plenty of disgruntled 2GO listeners who are unhappy on the removal of Sarah & Paddy, as well as the addition of Kennedy Molloy on drive.

4 Likes

This will be interesting. Kennedy Molloy had driven an increase in ratings for all the metro Triple M stations, including those that don’t like it live. It will be interesting to see if this is replicated in the regional markets.

When will the Central Coast be surveyed this year?

My predictions are-

1. Star 104.5
    2.Sea Fm
  2. 2GO
  3. 92.5 Central Coast

2GO will get hammered from the public backlash of the sacking of Sarah and Paddy. ABC Central Coast could even challenge them for third place.

Sea Fm has lost Bree so they are experiencing some change to their line up while Star 104.5 is steady as she goes.
This survey should make interesting reading.

2 Likes

My guess would probably be a similar time of year (around the August/September timeframe) as the survey for last year and the year before.

1 Like

Star 104.5 breakfast presenter, Julie Goodwin, is being charged with drink driving & will appear at Gosford Local Court on May 25.

And not outed by a colleague on her station like that disgraceful effort of Neil Mitchell on the brekky bloke, John Burns. Remember that?

What happened to Sea Fm this morning?
Did their transmitter fail, as they were off air this morning for an extended period of time?

1 Like

Did anyone mind? Playing a log from another market with a breakfast show full of people from other cities.

Due to being being sick of KIIS 1065, 2Day FM and Nova, I’ve turned to Sea FM.

Who would have thought Ash Pollard would be an absolute amazing talent on air. Gawndy and Ash for breakfast most certainly trump Em, Grant and Ed and anything 2Day have surved up the past 4/5 years.

After trialling 2GO FM, Star and Sea I’ve landed on Sea after deciding between Star and Sea.

The music on Sea is absolutely spot on and the DJ’s they have during the day are pretty good too.

2 Likes

Gawndy carries the show, he’s the driver of success for her. Ash is an actor, she’d getting used to radio.

The far more scant resources at Sea assist a more natural show. Chopping half of 2DAY’s bfast staff would improve the product.

Is the Sea logo printed as:

SEA
hit 101.3

That’s the format for 90.9 on current outdoor advertising, the alphabet soup continues. Communication fail from a comms biz.

It was up until a few weeks ago. Both Sea Central Coast and Gold Coast have dropped the ‘hit’ branding on air and the wordform in their logo - same as Bundaberg before the Triple M rebrand. Logos are somewhere in another thread

They appear to have dropped the “hit” wording from the logo.

3 Likes

I’ve said for yonks they should have put Bree & Gawnedy on 2DAY breakfast… Bree is also a massive talent.

Who’d have thought that radio people would make better radio than ‘stars’ and ‘personalities’ :thinking:

1 Like