CBS News

Go ahead - as someone who can’t view those channels, I would be interested in hearing your views about them

3 Likes

FFS!!

Rumours are swirling that Bianna Golodryga is out from ‘CBS This Morning’ after less than 6 months and is set to leave the network.

1 Like

Whether you agree with her on her political views, or not, she deserves to be able to reserect her career. Given her debacle with the comments she made about the black face stuff, I know many people don’t see this a good thing. People deserve second chances.

1 Like

Confirmed: Bianna Golodryga has left ‘CBS This Morning’ and the network entirely without any on-air mention:

Also, the article suggests there are reports circulating inside the network that Dickerson will be moved to ‘60 Mins’ and Norah O’Donnell will replace Jeff Glor on the ‘CBS Evening News’ — the latter of which I think would be a good move, IMO.

1 Like

Jeez, if any of those on-air role movements are correct then it sounds like CBS This Morning is in for a presumably rough transition period with Gayle King (a little surprised she’s still there tbh) being the only original host - especially if they’re set to build a new look show around her.

1 Like

Any speculation as to why all these changes? I get why they might move Jeff Glor off Evening News but I thought Dickerson and Golodryga were good additions to CBS This Morning?

1 Like

While I agree with your comments about Dickerson and Golodryga, it seems like Susan Zirinsky (CBS’ News new CEO) wants to put her stamp on the news division by making wholesale changes

1 Like

Can’t say I’m not surprised.
If O’Donnell and Dickerson go, let the Curry rumours be true please!!

2 Likes

The announcements can be put to rest:
*Norah O’Donnell will anchor the CBS Evening News. Production will move to Washington later in the year.
*Anthony Mason and Tony Dokoupil will join Gayle King on CBS This Morning.
*John Dickerson moves to 60 Mins.
*Jeff Glor is discussing his future with CBS.

I would much have preferred Ann Curry, I don’t know who Dokoupli even is.

1 Like

At least US TV’s worst kept secret has finally been revealed…

I understand CBS had to make changes because the ratings for ‘CBS This Morning’ & the ‘Evening News’ haven’t been great. However, I have doubts that invoking the ‘nuclear option’ will be the answer to their problems for numerous reasons. For example, ‘CBS This Morning’ will now be based around Gayle King and the interviews she does. However, considering she’s already a ‘known quantity’ with viewers having been on the show since it began - I don’t see how pairing her with different people starts to turn things around for them ratings-wise

1 Like

Agreed, I still don’t understand why they let Pelley go in the first place 2 years ago.

1 Like

I doubt moving the evening news to Washington DC will improve its look and ultimately ratings. Having said that, has another evening bulletin been presented from the US capital on a permanent basis?

The weekend editions usually come from Washington yes?

Pretty sure it’s the CBSN studio in NY

1 Like

I remember Peter Jennings occasionally presented ABC World News Tonight from Washington in the 1990s.

1 Like

Personally, I agree with you 100% but I think he was viewed by many as “anti-Trump”. That coupled with the lackluster ratings probably was enough to push executives to replace him. Why Jeff Glor? I think they saw him as their answer to David Muir who in recent years has really done wonders for ABC World News Tonight. Although, I think we can all agree here that Glor is no Muir - he has about as much on-air personality as a cardboard box.

O’Donnell has always been a fantastic fill-in anchor on the CBS Evening News and I think she’ll really excel in the role.

2 Likes

Agree, I quite like O’Donnell.

He reminds me too much of a younger Mark Ferguson. O’Donnell should have replaced Pelley if they were adamant on replacing him.

1 Like

Mark Ferguson->cardboard box->Jeff Glor. Let’s give him some credit. He isn’t quite as bad as our very own Fergo.

If Katie Couric couldn’t drag eyeballs to CBS Evening News what hope does Norah O’Donnell have? They should’ve stuck with Couric and dispensed with the soft news format they built around her.

5 Likes