Cartoon Connection

This is from the last version of Cartoon Connection on Channel 7 before it was replaced by The Big Breakfast (followed by AMV and finally Sunrise)…I believe at this point it was just a programming block with only ‘cartoon connection’ branded break bumpers - no live content.

2 Likes

I remember that. I’ve been trying to find some of the really old Sydney based Cartoon Connection hosted by Michael Horrocks and Alex Wilemam to no avail.

No talk about the Argo era?

1 Like

Until Ben Affleck admits repeated Australian TV appearances several decades ago, then no, no Argo talk.

3 Likes

Correct.

They did create a new bumper for 1999. Does anyone have the bumper from 1998?

What even happened to AMV?

1 Like

Eventually replaced by Sunrise from memory.

What AMV was like back then? I missed that era.

1 Like

Video clips of the latest hits with generic sweepers. TV’s version of automated FM radio.

2 Likes

I loved music videos back in the day, and even I found it boring.

At the time I was hoping AMV would more like the afternoon music video show in 10 that had little pop-up trivia facts about the video/song/artist (can’t remember the name of that show)

1 Like

Errrr that would be Pop Up Video?

2 Likes

Well dang! Thanks for that. I’ve been wondering about that show on and off for years. Little did I know it got revived and canned again

2 Likes

There was also an earlier one called Coca-Cola Power Cuts that aired weekday afternoons. I think it had similar pop up captions

1 Like

It was extremely limited in the music videos it could air because that time of the day was limited to G rated content.

This meant they often showed the same music videos for weeks on end within a different rotation.

3 Likes

Christine Anu, every single morning.

3 Likes