Car Radios

I agree.

@Karen_Cee - Just make sure that you are comfortable parking a bigger car - that’s the only downside with them… being a 2016 model, hopefully it will either have a reversing camera or parking sensors (or maybe both).

1 Like

Try to get one that has 5 star safety. If 2nd hand make sure you get an inspection.

2 Likes

It does have reversing camera ,and multiple airbags,However if my application for finance doesn’t work out guess I’ll be keeping my Toyota Yaris.I decided on the ASX because when I hired one for my road trip from Cairns to Brisbane last year I really enjoyed driving it👍

4 Likes

Sounds like a very sensible choice!

Good luck with the finance and everything :+1:

2 Likes

I’ve been approved for finance to buy the Mitsubishi ASX that I looked at last weekend.First I have to make sure it’s affordable for me with the repayments otherwise I keep my Yaris .I might have it very soon and I can listen to DAB radio in the car. Does DAB have any reception when you drive through any of the tunnels in Brisbane? (Clem 7 or Airport Link)

5 Likes

If it is like Sydney, no coverage in the tunnels. You get some “quiet time”. One friend complains when he is in the car with me, wants some time without radio and quiet time…

And before you ask , yes he is still a friend :rofl:. Don’t know how but he is :).

2 Likes

Is it because you sing along with the music? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

@Laoma must be a good singer if so!

Great news. No sadly no DAB in the tunnels in Brisbane. It’s the only time I switch to FM/AM. The few minutes in the tunnels being forced to hear 97.3 or Triple M just reminds me how much I need DAB when I get to the other end :slight_smile:

4 Likes

haha yes one of the reason definitely.

1 Like

Everyone’s a critic, eh? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’ll listen to ABC Classic FM or ABC Brisbane when driving through the Clem 7,I don’t use the Airport Link tunnel very often

1 Like

Yes, great ones to avoid.

When in the tunnels, I usually listen to 4MBS to hear what they’re doing or already listening to 612 or RN.

Another good choice.

2 Likes

I usually end up on AM in the tunnels because 97.3 and Triple M are so bad. KQ or RN :slight_smile:

1 Like

I will have my ASX early next week ,this dealer is offering me $4000 for my trade in ,my 10 year old Yaris.Other dealers who I have seen have only offered me $3000 for it.The longer I keep my Yaris Iknow it will be worth even less as a trade in and I can make extra repayments from my super fund when I’m allowed to access it in less than 2 years now,the only advantage of being as old as I am😕Can’t wait to be able to listen to DAB radio in car. Next time I drive down to the Gold Coast I will see how far I’m able to receive DAB signal. I remember it was from about Caloundra that I was able to receive it coming into Brisbane from the north

5 Likes

Great news. In my experience DAB drops out about Movie World

3 Likes

I’ve had DAB on the coastal fringe as far south as Mermaid Beach, though there were a few dropouts from Southport.

2 Likes

Then I’ll change the radio to 91.7 ABC Gold Coast or Hot Tomato

2 Likes

Or 100.6 The Breeze on the GC :slight_smile:

2 Likes

A very handy feature for DXers in the Camry Hybrid radio.

You can tap anywhere on the dial graph at the bottom and it take you straight to that section of the dial. You can then use the tuning dial to adjust it. Very quick and handy.

You can’t drag and drop the black pin though.

4 Likes