Capital Radio Network

Yeah, that.

2 Likes

Yep, the s39 (supplementary FM licence) scheme. Now FM was the first I believe, though I think that was pre 1992, when the Broadcasting Services Act was passed.

2 Likes

May 19 1990 for NOW FM Moree, The day I stopped listening to AM radio :wink: & yes it was the first in Oz followed by Power FM Nowra

3 Likes

XLFM & 3GG are on the lookout for a new Music Director/Announcer: Forever Classic XL FM 96.1 and 3GG Music Director/Announcer | radioinfo

3 Likes

Add to this. Iā€™ve been in the mountains all week and have been locked to XLFM. What other capital stations share their playlist? Itā€™s easily now my favourite Australian station. Great playlist!

2 Likes

2GN Goulburn (who are set to convert to FM by the end of the year) & 3GG Warragul shares the same playlist as heard on XLFM.

3 Likes

burgo_1

This quiz that has been on 2CA Canberra, Eagle FM Goulburn, Snow FM Jindabyne, 3GG Warragul and 6iX Perth this past week and continues this coming week is the most drawn out quiz I have ever heard on radio. John Burgess asks a caller a question, and if they get it correct he rings them again in an hour to ask the next question, and so on. So to win the car someone has to answer ten questions correctly over ten hours. If they get an answer wrong he calls someone else the next hour. While he is asking the question various television quiz music is playing in the background, including the Sale of the Century music. Iā€™m finding it all very annoying.

5 Likes

its a playlist 6IX could consider using if they get to convert to FM in Perth too since they are also owned by the same network.

1 Like

And people think the end of Hotseat is drawn out with the news preview before the last question

2 Likes

Is Burgo actually hosting any show at present on the network? Whatā€™s his agreement with them?

Heā€™s doing Saturday mornings on 6iX.

See: Weekends on 6iX - 6iX

Still on 6iX, Iā€™ve noticed that theyā€™re currently doing ā€œMusic Selectorā€, getting listeners to have a say in the music that they play. By filling in the form & becoming a Music Selector, thereā€™s some prizes & giveaways to be won.

More: 6iX MUSIC SELECTOR - 6iX

3 Likes

Who was in this role and where are they going to?

Matty Wray. Heā€™s now at hit Griffith.

The successful applicant for this job was Macka Dixon.

2 Likes

Becko now 9am-2pm on 2CA.

Chris Beckhouse - Canberraā€™s 2CA - Forever Classic

I wonder if heā€™s simply waiting in the curtains for a gig at Mix106.3? Heā€™d be much better suited there.

1 Like

He did quite well. Although he did accidently say that he bumped into Captain Cash at Triple M not too far into the shift. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Daniel Gibson (of PRIME7) is the fill for Holmesy and Jen while they are on break.

1 Like

Itā€™s worth noting that he has presented 2CA breakfast back in 2001, judging by this aircheck below:

Thanks to @anon36025973 for the above.

Whilst on that, 2CA had a more oldies format back then, with a lot of 60s & 70s music being played. It had (and still does have, even though its playlist has modernised a bit to become more 70s/80s-based) a clear point-of-difference from Mix 106.3.

5 Likes
3 Likes

With Grant Broadcasters merging with ARN to become a Larger Radio Network, due to Overlap Issues, Geelongā€™s Bay & K-Rock are in the Firing Line, so could Kevin Blyton trade in his 50% Share of 6IX Perth for the 2 Geelong Stations?

1 Like

If ACMA find a conflict of interest with Alison Cameron on the board of ARN, and her brother running the Geelong stations, and a sale is forced Capital Radio would be the most logical bidder for Bay and Krock.
Who else could be in the mix BOG SRN???

1 Like