Capital Radio Network

Yes the difference on 98.5 from last year to now is like day and night. There maybe hope for Goulburn when 2GN converts to 107.7.

I did not get a chance to check the situation around Jindaboine Hill as I had a mate in the car who is not into radio or dxing.

2 Likes

Matt Wray has moved off Snow FM Workdays, so probably only a one off fill in that you heard on the day. He took over from Chris on XL workdays with Jordan, co-hosting Breakfast, moving to workday and Simmo (Breaky) reverting back to solo breakfast.

The XL Workday announcer has doubled as 3GG’s Drive announcer for some time now, that’s why Matt was on GG (previously Chris had covered it).

3 Likes

Thanks @mbroky, glad you’ve joined, enjoy your time here.

1 Like

Thanks @mbroky, I just assumed Matt Wray was still doing Snow workdays since they recently refreshed their website and he’s still listed on there.

Welcome to MediaSpy, enjoy your time here!

Oh and @mbroky, could you please ask engineering why they don’t/can’t/won’t fix the ‘copies’ of the the FM signals that turn up all over the FM band in Cooma and Goulburn markets?

In partnership with Relay For Life, Radio Goulburn’s Eagle FM and 2GN will be broadcasting live specials this weekend, including a 24 hour live marathon by Eagle FM’s Dylan Finch and Matthew ‘MJ’ Brokenbrough.

1 Like

That might be the first time ever that Eagle FM has had a live announcer from midnight to dawn?

1 Like

Probably beyond 10am even… I think they’ve only ever had a live breakfast shift and that’s it?

1 Like

Not sure what they had when they started back in 1997. Probably more live and local shifts I suspect. Though they have been using the same music log as Snow FM for as long as I can remember.

I remember first hearing ‘MMMBop’ on Eagle FM. I can remember the promos on 2GN for the new FM station too; would have been late 1996. Definitely just 2GN in early 1996 as they were still airing Take 40 Australia. I distinctly recall hearing ‘Boombastic’ at #1 in glorious AM mono.

2 Likes

Eagle FM went to air on 31st January 1997.

Source:
Commercial Radio Stations.pdf (83.1 KB)

5 Likes

TV_E does it again! Thanks!

I note that 105.5 Coffs Harbour started on 30 June 1997, which coincided with my holiday up there. I caught the test broadcast as well.

2 Likes

Seems like a fair few FM stations in Regional NSW launched in 1997…did licences suddenly become cheaper around that time period or something?

2 Likes

A few s.32 licences were all approved at this time.

4 Likes

I think you meant s.39. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah, that.

2 Likes

Yep, the s39 (supplementary FM licence) scheme. Now FM was the first I believe, though I think that was pre 1992, when the Broadcasting Services Act was passed.

2 Likes

May 19 1990 for NOW FM Moree, The day I stopped listening to AM radio :wink: & yes it was the first in Oz followed by Power FM Nowra

3 Likes

XLFM & 3GG are on the lookout for a new Music Director/Announcer: Forever Classic XL FM 96.1 and 3GG Music Director/Announcer | radioinfo

3 Likes

Add to this. I’ve been in the mountains all week and have been locked to XLFM. What other capital stations share their playlist? It’s easily now my favourite Australian station. Great playlist!

2 Likes

2GN Goulburn (who are set to convert to FM by the end of the year) & 3GG Warragul shares the same playlist as heard on XLFM.

3 Likes