Canberra Radio

New Canberra DAB+ station NIGE! started at midday today.

3 Likes

Not even Kyle gets his own radio station.

1 Like

Oh please, don’t give them any ideas! Not a Kyle station, please no…

Interesting re ‘Nige’… I might have a listen just to see what kind of music they play.

But the article seems contradicatory, it says don’t bother emailing him, but to get in touch with him (via the website which as I understand it sends him an email anyway)?

3 Likes

It’s not on LiSTNR yet that I can find

2 Likes

Oh, the blurb it says you can email him, just that “he probably won’t read it” (although of course I’m sure someone at amplifyCBR will :thinking:)

It’s probably about 20 years or so late to the Jack FM style of format but of course the proof will be in what they actually play - and definitely not going to begrudge any extra options in somewhere like Canberra.

1 Like

Mix 105.3? Don’t think that’s right…

3 Likes

A ‘slight’ variation on NZ’s popular ‘Brian FM - Playing What We Feel Like’

4 Likes

RadioToday strikes again. :joy:

4 Likes

lol, yeah he absolutely won’t read listener emails. :joy:

2 Likes

I meant to point that out too!

Should Hit be on 103.7 then :grin:

2 Likes

Ned and Josh launched their new daily podcast show today.

2 Likes

Listening to their first episode and now Canberra fm removed them off the socials before telling them they were getting let go was upsetting. Shameful

1 Like

Just heard an ad on Hit 104.7 for their “Seears Workwear Roundabout” website that used “Check It Out” by will.i.am and Nicki Minaj as background music. What a good song choice… Not!

3 Likes

Hit 104.7 and MIX 106.3 will broadcast live from the main stage at Regatta Point this Saturday night (March 16), for the return of Canberra Skyfire after a five-year absence.

3 Likes
4 Likes

I’ll miss his dulcet tones over the winter especially, when he used to read out Canberra’s minimum temperature each morning, expressing some astonishment at particularly low figures.

2 Likes