Canberra Radio

Courts is accompanying her husband on a posting to Norfolk Island for two years.

4 Likes

What does he do?

2 Likes
6 Likes

The comments are interesting on that article. A comment purporting to be from 2CA’s Paul Holmes is replied by supposedly Zak Davies of the ARN/SCA JV.

Would be great to hear an increase in FM news bulletin duration and depth. Especially in Canberra.

2 Likes

Good for Zak. He’s a kiwi, so would be very familiar with how it was done in NZ. And his response to Holmes was completely warranted.

2 Likes

On the same day that the 2nd Canberra radio ratings survey of the year has been released (see thread), Hit 104.7 & Mix 106.3 are looking for a new Content Director.

3 Likes

Interesting! I wonder where Rod Cuddihy is going?

2 Likes

Is Becko still at 2CA Canberra? Just looking at their website and Macka is now doing the shift which Becko was previously doing.

3 Likes

Regional station DJs often seem to use some sort of a nickname eg. Becko, Macka whereas metro ones don’t as much?

I wonder why that is…. do regional ones want to hide their true identity a bit more being in smaller towns? Or does it make them seem a bit more relatable to laid back country folk? Not that Canberra is “country” as such.

2 Likes

Chris Beckhouse has been known as Becko for a long time. It’s nothing to do with regional radio. He was known by that name even when he worked in cap city markets for over 20 years.

3 Likes

Question remains unanswered, is Becko there or another quick departure from Kevin’s stations?

1 Like

Becko’s out of radio all together to my knowledge - wasn’t there for very long was he?

As mentioned above, Macka Dixon has moved up from XLFM MD/afternoons to take his place at 2CA as PD and daytime announcer.

4 Likes

Wow. All those years at Triple M then a brief stint in Canberra and that’s it?

1 Like
4 Likes

Thanks @thesub1, I’m surprised Bronte stayed as long as she has this year. Talent lies far beyond Canberra market.

Hopefully the ARN/SCA JV continue to invest in local drive.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if we see Will & Woody beam into Canberra following their departure.

It’s also surprising their is still no K&J in the ACT capital.

2 Likes

Im guessing because SCA runs programming for Hit and Mix, so don’t want to use ARN programming even though it’s a joint venture.

2 Likes

I wonder what the situation would be if the Canberra Radio joint venture allowed SCA to program one station and ARN the other?

104.7 Triple M ? 106.3 KIIS ?

I am sure the market would be much better musically.

4 Likes

I guess that depends on what ARN would do with Mix, if they go for more of a KIIS format and branding, or GOLD or leave as is.

If they went KIIS, SCA might then flip 104.7 to Triple M, but otherwise i reckon it would stay as Hit.

3 Likes

Yes Hit would still work if Mix 106.3 joined the Gold Network.

I still find there is a bit of crossover with some of the newer music that gets played on Mix and Hit.

Jonnas Brothers comes to mind.

3 Likes