Canberra Radio

most mid-late 30 year olds I know aren’t big on radios either. purely anecdotal of course

4 Likes
5 Likes

“Greener pastures” is debatable at this point in time.

3 Likes

Despite receiving quite good rain over the past few months, the pastures of the Canberra region are in no way greener than those in most of the Ace markets.

4 Likes

From Radioinfo:

Tim Shaw is making a strong pitch to return to the breakfast slot at 2CC Canberra following the retirement of Alan Jones at the end of the week.

Read more here.

3 Likes

Rather than repeating myself:

4 Likes

But wait, there’s more?

4 Likes

An ad in the Canberra City News.

4 Likes

If it wasn’t for the references to digital listening methods, that ad could pass for the early 90s. Station logo, design, style of ad, even Fordham himself. Dire.

11 Likes

google and alexa

Yep, this has been done by some 80+ year olds.

It looks like it’s from the '90s for sure lol.

When I saw the first one above I thought someone was showing an ad for when he first was on radio or something.

4 Likes

The station promos on 2CA mention Google and Alexa. I’m assuming 2CC runs similar promos, though I don’t listen to the station so I’m not sure.

2 Likes

I didn’t know BOG can make ads for other networks? That’s as appalling as the Laws PowerPoint ads.

And isn’t Google and Alexa a brand so should start with capital letters?

As for the logo, what is the reason for it looking like a tab for an app they don’t use this version on their website.

5 Likes

All the ‘Forever Classic’ stations I’ve heard mention smart speakers as a way of listening.

2 Likes

Either Gem has left hit104.7 or this is just ARN letting her spread across their network?

Can anyone confirm?

https://instagram.com/thehypewithgem

2 Likes

This is the case as I understand it

2 Likes

Interesting as I always thought SCA had full programming control over Canberra, with ARN managing people/employment.

3 Likes

Stephen Cenatiempo:

Many of you my know that after a susscessful nine-year radio career that saw me launch three radio programs and rack up nine Australian Commercial Radio Awards, I was made redundant in the great purge of 2019.

Then COVID-19 came along and needless to say the last six months were tough and I went through some pretty dark periods. To those who reached out and offered support, I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

But I can now reveal some exciting news! From Monday 13th July I’m returning to radio launching a brand new local breakfast show on 2CC, talking all things Canberra.

I’m in the process of packing for the big move on Frjday, so have pity on me.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCFIoZjBrsv/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

6 Likes

Interestingly, the return to local breakfast on 2CC comes almost exactly a year after the station started to relay Alan Jones live on breakfast.

2 Likes

Good to hear that 2CC is re-instating a local breakfast program after just a year of 2GB, although this really should’ve been done from the Monday after Alan Jones’ final show.

4 Likes

Yes- pathetic that they networked Alan Jones in the first place. Not that I listen to 2CC (and Canberra is a small ‘L’ liberal skewing ABC town) but a locally presented breakfast talk show is still required.

5 Likes