Cada (formerly The Edge 96.1)

…last Friday.

2 Likes

Wow that’s so sad, they were always one of my top choices for breakfast listening.
I wonder who will fill there shoes and if they have been poached by anther station.

2Day FM I’m looking at you…

2 Likes

Only if they blow up 2day fm and turn it into a youth station.

Hughesy, Ed and Erin for Triple M drive???
Mikey & Emma for Breakfast on the All New Hit 104 for 2022???

4 Likes

I could imagine them being tried out at Nights before moving to Breakfast.

2 Likes

This could go a couple of ways

1. They could go to 2day fm Nights, but the Hit network is skewing older now, and would they fit it???

2. The articles mention they are leaving the Edge, but are they leaving ARN. Maybe KIIS could be launching a new night show with them which may also go out across the former Hot AC Grant stations once the merge is completed.
    At the moment KIIS has no real night show, they have been airing highlights of the Kiis 101.1 breakfast show after the Best of KJO.

4 Likes

It would be smart to put them on nights so they don’t lose them to the competition and have a back-up team for the future.

Mike E sounds and acts like a Kyle Sandilands mini-me. So if KIIS lost Kyle and Jackie O sometime down the track, these two could easily slot in.

2 Likes

Duncan Campbell said he’s looking forward to see what they do next. To me that means he’s unsure, so unlikely staying at ARN.

Did they jump, or were they pushed? There’s been a few appointments to The Edge this year so it seemed like they were about to ramp up the brand. Was it ARNs plan to bring in new blood, or has this thrown a spanner in the works for them

3 Likes

But he could also be saying that if he knows what they’re doing but can’t say yet.

3 Likes

From reading Duncan Campbell’s comments they are staying with ARN. but he is keeping quiet until 2022. I will go with them hosting a new night show on Kiis. Lock it in Eddie!!!

4 Likes

I noticed this morning (and I’m not sure when it was done) but Mike E and Emma have been removed from the The Edge 96.1 main website already but they are still listed as Talent on the main ARN website itself.

If I remember correctly Polly ‘PJ’ Harding may have been removed fairly quickly from the main ARN website soon after she left KIIS 101.1.

This may not mean anything but just something I’ve noticed.

Food for thought :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Regardless, something is most definitely up.

You don’t do 11yrs and be as popular as these two are to simply vanish without a goodbye. Not unless something is either pear shape, or something else has already been signed.

Most definitely watch this space. I have a feeling this is just the beginning of a knock over affect on other announcers/stations.

6 Likes

Yeah is a bit bizarre there was no official goodbye.

Hmmm, time will tell as they say.

4 Likes

Also wasn’t Mike E the content direct at the Edge 96.1?

I still think they will pop up on KIIS nights across KIIS 101.1 / 106.5

Obviously with the big changes happening at the Edge 96.1 next year, i am assuming they are going to go with a more urban sound (more hip hop, less pop and dance) with this they are going to revamp the line up too.

Now the speculation who will do The Edge 96.1 breakfast in 2020?

1 Like

What’s with the KIIS Nights talk?

Where’s Mitch til Midnight going?

1 Like

That would be the wrong way to go. They need to be more pop and dance and less urban.

4 Likes

Looks like they’re gone now from the ARN page

1 Like

They’ve just posted on socials to say “stay tuned to socials to find out where we’ll pop up next”

2 Likes

Was that recorded at The Edge studio? That seems to be their current logo.

If so, then you can expect them to pop up on KIIS or an affiliate. Nights or Drive on KIIS in 2022?

1 Like

Unlike the many inaccurate comments on Radio Yesterday, it’s clear to see Emma and Mike haven’t been sacked by ARN and are moving to a new role within the business.

1 Like

Isn’t breakfast the ultimate slot? If they’re staying at ARN then that would mean they’re going backwards?

1 Like