Cada (formerly The Edge 96.1)

Interesting bit on the article (notice the word I’ve bolded):

Despite going national, Copeland says CADA won’t be popping up in the Sydney radio ratings surveys just yet, as 96.1 FM is a Western Sydney and Blue Mountains station under ARN’s Katoomba licence.

4 Likes

Cada gives me beats radio vibes and I don’t mind it. It’s a nice alternative to Triple J.

2 Likes

It would be very interesting to see the raw figures for Cada in the GFK ratings, Will SCA and Nova Ent try to block this from happening?
If Cada is in the Sydney ratings C91.3 should also be in there too.

With Cada already in the digital ratings I wonder how much correlation there would be between the fm and dab+ figure? Would the digital ratings drop to a very low level confirming our hunch majority of listeners tune into Cada on 96.1 in Sydney, and not so much on dab+?

1 Like

Never heard of it. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Am I the only one hearing it? But do all the CADA shows just sound vanilla and boring?

Mike E and Emma’s content would shine with CADA’s music. And you can still highlight the music without having musicians/DJs host the shows.

It’s like having builders do the job of the architect.

4 Likes

Yes very vanilla and still amateurish compared to Mike E & Emma.
Some of the music is OK it is just the presenters and the horrible promos letting down the station.

3 Likes

“Beyond audio”- we have reached the point where it’s more important to generate a funny meme on social media than it is to run a quality radio station. But I can’t say I’m surprised.

Meanwhile, I’ve got a nice bevy of archival radio to listen to on a USB stick. All hail local hero Steve Rixon as he faces the West Indies in 1984…that’s 2AY sport. And for your information, the broad gauge train from Melbourne is running a little late.

7 Likes

I think everyone seems to be forgetting that this station is aimed at kids with short attention spans. It might not be our cup of tea but the demo listening probably don’t mind it.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t read too much into it - that’s not a direct quote but rather journalistic flair. It goes onto state a fairly permanent reason for the omission.

1 Like

Haven’t tuned into Cada in a little while. What’s their music strategy like now? Still reflecting a lot of the music played on The Edge?

1 Like

Even though the promos suggest a shift to more Hip Hop and RnB, so far it has the same Dance and Pop music as it did as The Edge. But it also has a lot of Throwbacks which it never had before and seems weird for the brand.

4 Likes

Indeed. I was on the road to and from the Gong today, plenty of time to get a feel and it sounds more similar to KIIS than you would imagine. They’re now spinning low tempo and older songs, which they never used to.
Honestly I miss The Edge, I liked that it was upbeat and I wouldn’t have to sit through the poppy garbage of the other stations.

They’re further from triple j than they’ve ever been, which is weird for Management speaking about pinching listenership from them.

8 Likes
9 Likes

Sums it up perfectly. Even SCA’s rebrands in recent years weren’t this bad.

8 Likes
2 Likes

Will be interesting to see where these billboards appear in Bris.

Outer areas such as Ipswich, Logan and Moreton Bay councils would be the pick for demos more interested in Cada.

3 Likes

I’ve been listening to CADA online for the past couple of days. What a mess.

4 Likes

I’ve also been listening to it, mostly because the wife enjoys RnB and I remember tuning into it months ago and it was quite good. But the talkback and mix of music seemed a bit off. Jamie XX - Gosh is not RnB. I mean, I love Jamie XX but come on.

I do get old school Triple J vibes with the talkback though, which is nice. Definitely got a youthful feel. But I think we’ll move back to RnB Fridays and iHeart’s The Bounce.

3 Likes

The shows are what turn me off CADA.

3 Likes

They snuck this one into their playlist… They should update their positioner, so much for Australia’s home of hip hop and RnB… false advertising?

2 Likes