Buckingham Palace Announcement (Standing Down From Public Duties + Wild Speculation thread)

I’m guessing it’s nothing.

1 Like

hehe :stuck_out_tongue:
Well that was exciting.
I was going to speculate if no one’s dead (in all honestly that’s what i thought) that maybe the Queen and Prince were going to step down…

I hope it’s just a false alarm. But why did all the staff need to be called in the middle of the night if it was just for a regular meeting?

I think it might be the Queen advocating herself from the throne.

That’s what i was thinking too, and still am, but if there is nothing to report at this stage… I can only guess.

1 Like

abdicate?

1 Like

Does she need to be on The Throne to bignote herself?

(Correct word is abdicate).

Seems to be that there’s some denials going on and that it’s a hoax, but there’s radio silence from the BBC at the moment. I’ll wait for their confirmation that nothing/something has happened.

1 Like

Her Majesty had lost the remote control and nobody is leaving the building until it is found :wink:

BBC Breakfast apparently leading this morning with some mundane story.

1 Like

Someone sold Buckingham Palace… King and Prince to move to retirement village in Australia…:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Makes sense because there is nothing to report at this stage…

It’s going to be demolished and replaced by high rise apartments. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

The BBC won’t say a thing until 8 am. That’s routine.

There are reports that BBC staff were woken from their beds earlier in the night.

ITV News royal editor putting the rumours to bed.

3 Likes

They’re finally sending Camilla to the glue factory?

Seriously, I wonder how huge the ratings will be for the coronation of King Charles.

Yes sorry. Spelling isn’t my strong point

1 Like

Might be nothing, but /r/unitedkingdom has gone into “read-only mode”. [quote=“GradyACN, post:36, topic:2938, full:true”]
Yes sorry. Spelling isn’t my strong point
[/quote]

No worries, sorry if that came across as rude :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah, the whole of reddit is down right now.

1 Like

1 Like

5pm… The UK is currently on Daylight Savings time.

2 Likes

Thanks for the correction! :slight_smile:

1 Like