Brock

Australia Remembers The King Of The Mountain.

Sunday And Monday. On TEN And WIN Network.

After a blockbuster weekend of high-octane motorsport, the highly-anticipated television drama event of the year, Brock, will debut on TEN this Sunday, 9 October at 8.30pm and continue Monday, 10 October at 9.00pm.

The remarkable two-part event will premiere on the same weekend that TEN broadcasts the Supercars Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000, the iconic annual sporting event that will this year honour the 10th anniversary of Brockā€™s tragic death.

Across three huge days, all eyes will be on Mount Panorama as viewers remember The King of the Mountain.

With nine Bathurst victories, nine Sandown wins and 37 ATCC victories to his name, Brock is without a doubt one of the greatest sporting heroes Australia has ever seen. A maverick and a larrikin, his name was synonymous with Australian motor racing until a car crash brought his life to an early end.

Over two big nights, Brock will follow the life of the Australian icon. From his early racing days to his tragic death in Perth, this special television event traces the soaring highs and brutal lows of one of the countryā€™s most remarkable sportsmen.

Featuring Matt Le Nevez as Peter Brock, Brock comprises an all-star cast that includes Brendan Cowell as Peterā€™s adversary Allan Moffat, Ella Scott Lynch as Bev Brock, Natalie Bassingthwaighte as Julie Bamford, Steve Bisley as Harry Firth, Axle Whitehead as Colin Bond and Martin Sacks as Peterā€™s father Geoff Brock.

Brock not only celebrates the successes Peter had on the track, but also looks at the front-page love affairs and the times when ā€œPeter Perfectā€ stumbled: the crashes, the shattered friendships and the all-or-nothing gamble on the infamous Energy Polariser, which nearly destroyed his career at Holden.

1 Like

According to News Corp, former Miss Australia Michelle Downes will sue Ten if it ā€œglosses overā€ her one-year marriage to Peter Brock, which was marred by domestic violence. Her lawyer had repeatedly asked Endemol Shine for the script but had not received it. Endemol Shine said it had consulted with Downesā€™ representatives.

Well I hope she has a good lawyer because there is no way that would stand up in court.

I have enjoyed Brock. I just donā€™t understand why they couldnā€™t replicate the races instead of using old archived footage. I am assuming the cost was too much. It is annoying seven didnā€™t allow them to use their footage but I just think Ten should have replicated it themselves.

1 Like

You can say that agaā€¦

ā€¦oh

4 Likes

I donā€™t mind that theyā€™ve inserted some archival footage, I reckon it makes it feel a bit more authentic with flashback type content.

Iā€™m really enjoying it so far but wouldā€™ve preferred if theyā€™d aired both parts from 7:30 (which wouldā€™ve kept Survivor consistent on Mon/Tues after a few Sundays off) and aired across 2 Sundays instead of 2 nights back to back.

After committing to 2 hours of the series tonight & then the same tomorrow itā€™s a bloody big ask for anyone to sit through a terrestrial tv viewing like this as itā€™s really intended to be watched.

2 Likes

I think they did a good job with that old footage and then filming the race scenes in a similar style so it all matches up.

No I agree I actually liked the old footage. I just wondered why they wouldnt replicate it. I assumed it would be due to costs. For example some of the crashes would cost a lot to film. It would have added a nice touch to replicate some of the moments from that old archived footage.

Tenā€™s website lets them down again. At the end of the show they flashed up the website for the full credits but they doesnā€™t exist.

http://tenplay.com.au/brock

1 Like

Thereā€™s no time for credits when you need to rush into a repeat of Body Hack!

1 Like

For the umpteenth time. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Iā€™ve come to expect this happening now with credits but I think they should be fined for not providing credits or at least lying about their existence.

I enjoyed it, Iā€™m not a race car purist, so it was good to see a lot about Brockā€™s life :slight_smile:

Tonightā€™s second part will show his other 5 Bathurst wins and Bamford affair, the ep Iā€™m more interested to see.

It was a solid episode last night, I will tune in tonight for part 2.
Ten really needs to list the credits at tenplay so they can acknowledge motor racing fans who provided archival footage from Bathurst races in the 1970s.
IMDB has more detailed cast list than Ten at the moment!
I notice that during one of those Bathurst races, there was a sign for Supercheap Auto in the background. Supercheap Auto was founded in 1972 as a mail order business but I donā€™t think it had a retail store in NSW by the time of the race, and it would have had a different logo at the time. I wonder if the Supercheap Auto logo was there to cover a cigarette brand advertisement at Mount Panorama?

3 Likes

They certainly need to do that especially considering how rubbish the IMDB ones can be.

They have an actress who is credited as ā€œParty Girlā€ above one of the leading actors Ben Hall who played his brother Phil Brock and the star of the whole thing Matthew Le Nevez appears half way down the credits list. :rolling_eyes:

Heather Maltman (party girl in purple dress ep2) was just that.

Ten waited until after episode 2 finished in the east coast before posting credits on tenplay.
Episode 1 credits
Episode 2 credits
If the mini-series is sold for overseas broadcasts or released as DVD, then credits will have to be added.

[quote]Ian Tate, chief mechanic for the Holden Dealer Team from 1969 to 1976, said heā€™d spoken with James Brock and both of them thought it was ā€œreally poorly doneā€.

ā€œHeā€™s not impressed and I donā€™t think his mother (Bev) is,ā€ he said. ā€œI wasted two hours watching it. Itā€™s the most pathetic crap Iā€™ve ever seen. Itā€™s not even a B-grade movie, I thought it was put together by a pack of uni students.[/quote]

Iā€™ve read a lot of mixed reviews :confused: