Brock

It’s a mini-series not a telemovie. A telemovie screens on one night only.

Showing your age there (or immaturity should I say ;)). Maybe they have screened on Sundays in the last few years but mini-series once screened on multiple nights of the week or could have screened on any night of the week. They could possibly air it on Sunday and Monday for example.

I believe they will just pick a night when it doesn’t have to start too late. The lead-in show can’t run way over time.

1 Like

Indeed. In the 80s they aired on different nights depending on the network and the mini series.

But of course some of the members on here see no fault in ten and that everything tv is based around Melbourne.

Saturday Telegraph has said that Brock will air on the same day as Bathurst Day. Which is October 9.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/sydney-confidential/peter-brock-tv-miniseries-to-follow-10th-anniversary-of-star-drivers-death/news-story/d6e78e528ee8ffa69c25a52ce402378c

1 Like

Ten just aired a sneak peak during The Project it looks really good. They are over using Natalie Bassingthwaighte a little. I am pretty sure she was singing born to be wild in the background of the ad.

I did see that one, and I can’t wait.

The promo had a flash of original footage of one of Brock’s cars. The callout for non-Seven film must have had some success.

2 Likes

I’m looking forward to this also, feels like it’s been coming forever… oh wait, it has.

Brock. The Television Drama Event Of 2016.
Australia’s First Look At The King Of The Mountain.
Coming Soon To TEN And WIN Network.

Peter Brock was one of the greatest sporting heroes Australia has ever known. A maverick, a larrikin and the “King of the Mountain”, his name was synonymous with Australian motor racing until a car crash saw his life brought to an early end.

Ten years after his death, TEN is proud to present Brock, the story of the man behind the legend.

Over two big nights, Brock will follow the life of the Australian icon. From his early racing days to his tragic death in Perth, this special television event traces the soaring highs and brutal lows of one of the country’s most remarkable sportsmen.

Featuring Matt Le Nevez as Peter Brock, Brock comprises an all-star cast that includes Brendan Cowell as Peter’s adversary Allan Moffat, Ella Scott Lynch as Bev Brock, Natalie Bassingthwaighte as Julie Bamford, Steve Bisley as Harry Firth, Axle Whitehead as Colin Bond and Martin Sacks as Peter’s father Geoff Brock.

Brock not only celebrates the successes Peter had on the track, but also looks at the front-page love affairs and the times when “Peter Perfect” stumbled: the crashes, the shattered friendships and the all-or-nothing gamble on the infamous Energy Polariser, which nearly destroyed his career at Holden.

2 Likes

###Brock

Sunday 9 October at 8.30pm

Monday 10 October at 9.00pm

On TEN And WIN Network.

Network Ten is delighted to announce that the highly-anticipated television drama event of the year, Brock, will debut on Sunday, 9 October at 8.30pm and continues on Monday, 10 October at 9.00pm.

The remarkable two-part event will premiere on the same weekend that TEN broadcasts the Supercars Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000, the iconic annual sporting event that will this year honour the 10th anniversary of Peter Brock’s tragic death.

With nine Bathurst victories, nine Sandown wins and 37 ATCC victories, Brock was without question one of the greatest sporting heroes Australia has ever seen.

Over two big nights, Brock will follow the life of the legendary Australian icon. From his early racing days to his tragic death in Perth, this special television dramatisation traces the soaring highs and brutal lows of one of the country’s most remarkable sportsmen.

Starring Matt Le Nevez as Peter Brock, Brock comprises an all-star cast that includes Brendan Cowell as Peter’s adversary Allan Moffat, Ella Scott Lynch as Bev Brock, Natalie Bassingthwaighte as Julie Bamford, Steve Bisley as Harry Firth, Axle Whitehead as Colin Bond and Martin Sacks as Peter’s father Geoff Brock.

4 Likes

So the second part goes up against Hyde & Seek and The Secret Daughter in their second weeks. :anguished:

Why don’t they hold it over to the next Sunday. It’s not like they’ve got anything else to screen on Sundays?

1 Like

I agree, they already have a show that has a good following on Mondays. Why not extend the series for a 2 week event?

Probably not a bad idea, condisering that HYBPA will presumably go on hiatus for a week to accommodate this? Or be bumpedd to 10pm or later considering how long the telemovie goes for.

@killy06 Have You Been Paying Attention won’t air at all. Besides Brock finishes at 11pm on the Monday, wouldn’t that be little too late for the show to air.

On Ten’s Upfronts for this year, they didn’t even list HYBPA to run in the last part of the year. Maybe This Is Us will air across Sundays and Mondays.

Wasn’t it? I am pretty sure I heard an interview that said it would air after Masterchef until the end of the year, just like last year. It hasn’t been listed as season finale either. This is Us is really good. Perhaps Sundays could work. I just don’t think it will work in a prime time slot on Ten. I think it is suited a slot after The Wrong Girl. Or even Thursday nights once Gogglebox finishes up.

It wasn’t even listed at all on the grid.

In regards to This Is Us, there is a TBA listed on Sunday October 9 at 10.30 following Brock. If it aired on a Wednesday, it will have to contend with the ARIAs which will air on a Wednesday.

That’s true but not a lot was listed on the grid for that time of the year. And lets not forget Modern Family wasn’t listed for the beginning of the year yet it still aired. The grid was a rough guide not the bible.

I wouldn’t expect it on Sundays at 10:30. That would leave it no hope. Well it wouldn’t need to contend with the ARIA’s at Ten have the arias… I think Thursdays 8:30 would work nicely for it following The Bachelorette.

Back to Brock. There’s no good reason why it shouldn’t screen on two Sundays.

First review of Brock, the miniseries

As they did with INXS: Never Tear Us Apart and Peter Allen: Not The Boy From Oz, the Endemol Shine producers have nailed this docudrama format, keeping it contemporary while hitting all the nostalgic touchstones.

Channel 7 may rue their decision to block the production’s access to the network’s official race footage; forcing producers to appeal to fans for their home videos and other archival material.

In seriously clever storytelling, these grainy images are pieced together with re-enacted scenes and sexed up with a thumping soundtrack that really gives this racing biopic its thrilling, beating heart.

3 Likes