Broadcast Facilities

If Front Bar ends up going to NEP South Melbourne it’d be a return of Seven Sports AFL programming to Dorcas St.

6 Likes

The Flow FM broadcast site at Turriff, Victoria.

4 Likes

The former broadcast centre of MTN 9 & 2RG Griffith so sad to see a broadcast centre come to this & recently I heard It had further been destroyed by fire:

8 Likes

Thanks, that reminds me, are they on air at Meringur on 96.9 too? (if you can get that at all)?

2 Likes

Flow FM are on air In Meringur I think they started broadcasting there In late 2022.

3 Likes

The former WIN TV studios In Mildura the tower is being used by Vodafone.

7 Likes

When did WIN move out. SCA moved the radio stations in about 2016.

1 Like

I think It may have been during 2010.

2 Likes

Georgie Dickerson at 9 News Darwin

4 Likes

Nine Brisbane

5 Likes

What set is that behind him?

5 Likes

Nine’s Brisbane studios still produces kids series, that set is for “The Actually Really Very Difficult Show” as seen here.

5 Likes

Even just the name of the show is making my head hurt!

3 Likes

For a second I thought this was another segment on HYBPA

6 Likes

The broadcast tower at Yatpool 21kms south of Mildura with 2 national TV services, 3 commercial TV services soon to be two with the closure of Mildura Digital Television, The mast also has all ABC Radio services 3MIL, 3ABCRN, 3JJJ, 3ABCFM & 3PNN.

6 Likes

Thanks, I guess easy to see why ABC Radio stations need 150-200 kw given the fairly low height above average terrain.

1 Like

When the 3PNN service started I was able to pick It up here In Ouyen but they had to reduce the power because It was causing Interference to Flow FM In Padthaway, South Australia, Both stations broadcast on 100.3FM.

4 Likes

Ah I wondered why 3PNN there was “only” 150kw. Thanks.

I sure the 50 people who listen will be happy to know they can receive PNN in the area but not a major commercial TV network :wink:

2 Likes

Well, if WIN was in charge of ABC News Radio, most of their transmitters would have been switched off long ago :grin:

2 Likes