British Television

Dang it :hushed:. I was trying to fix the drivers for the USB dongle so I could use TVH again.

Looks like I will have to work a bit harder now.

For anyone into British TV history, the YouTube channel The IBA Archive is uploading full bulletins of the IBA’s Engineering Announcements, which aired weekly in the 1970s and 1980s - originally in the gap in time between the daily close of the breakfast franchisee, TV-AM, and the start-up of the local ITV franchises. This period allowed for British Telecom to switch each transmitter from TV-AM to the local ITV station.

The latest video:

2 Likes

Just out of curiosity, were there any other nations that took a similar approach to commercial TV licences that the UK did?

Namely with one network regional franchises, not to mention weekend and weekday franchises in some areas, and a special morning franchise…

Australian drag queen, Courtney Act (Shane Jenek) has just won Celebrity Big Brother in the UK.

1 Like

I wonder if this will lead to any opportunities in the UK. I always thought Courtney Act could have hosted a comedy/chat show after seeing her present a few things.

Jeremy Clarkson is being considered to host ITV’s reboot of Who Wants to be a Millionaire. Chris Tarrant hosted the original series from 1998 to 2014. The reboot will be made by Sony-owned Stellify Media. 2waytraffic, also owned by Sony, holds the format rights.

I’d rather Chris Moyles, personally

Drama series Delicious starring Dawn French has been renewed for a third season that will air in 2019.The second season is currently airing on the ABC.

Comcast is trying to outbid 21st Century Fox for control of Sky television.

Germany has a similar regional structure (to this day) for it’s state broadcasters, but not commercial.

I think the obvious answer to your question is Australia - weren’t channels launched on a city by city basis and only came together into 7, 9 and 10 through aggregation over the years.

Detective drama Grantchester, shown in Australia on the ABC, has been renewed for a fourth season by ITV.

Ant McPartlin has been fined £86,000 ($A158,000) and disqualified from driving for 20 months after pleading guilty to drink-driving.

ITV’s Good Morning Britain debut a new set yesterday as they moved to a new studio. Its quite impressive and I would Love our today show to implement something similar.

3 Likes

Well Today are pretty good at copying stuff from the UK :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Geordie Shore on the Gold Coast

ITV has renewed The Good Karma Hospital for a third season in 2019.

More Jamie Oliver cooking shows coming.

His shows are better than my last experience at one of his now closed restaurants.

1 Like