British Television

Ugh, I fucking hated his restaurant here in Brisbane. $20 for a single fucking “burger”, which was the size of a slider. Fuck off you profiteering prick.

3 Likes

but “”“healthy eating”"" !

2 Likes

Then charge me for a smaller sized meal. There weren’t even any sides. $10 would’ve been barely acceptable.

Can’t believe it’s been 4 years or so and I still get angry just thinking about it.

1 Like

Yeah rip off, totally. Here in perth there’s always a waiting listing to get into Jamie’s Italian restuarant and you have to wait at least month before you can book… Shit hole. Can’t wait for it to fuck off and depart for the new world.

thought this was for British television not bagging out jamie oliver??

2 Likes

Doubt he has any say at what price the meals are set in his restaurants. So no idea why people are bagging him personally.

He probably doesn’t even own it, usually company’s like that in the UK are owned by wealth funds.

1 Like

He can’t have it both ways - if you’re going to sell your name/brand to ventures like this then you are going to be the one who feels the backlash if there ever is one.

1 Like

It’s his name on the restaurant. If he doesn’t want to be bagged then he shouldn’t sell his name.

Alright but no one is forcing you to eat at his restaurants.

So therefore he - and by extension the restaurant - should be exempt from criticism? What a strange line of argument

1 Like

Screw Jamie. Make your own. :+1:

2 Likes

Using Jamie’s recipes. :wink:

ITV, makers of UK and German versions of I’m a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here that is produced in the Tweed Shire, have threatened to take the show elsewhere if the shire fines them $200,000 for using more vehicles than permitted. Council will vote on issue tonight.

(Tweed Shire Council) will on Thursday decide whether to issue infringement notices to the producers of I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here UK, which is filmed in Dungay, for breaching its DA.

The film company were limited to 80 vehicles per day using the roads leading to the private property in Dungay where the show is filmed.

However, self-reporting by Granada Production Pty Ltd has shown more than 80 vehicles were entering the property per day.

https://www.tweeddailynews.com.au/news/short-term-holiday-letting-reality-tv-on-councils-/3402959/

EDIT: The council has decided to defer its decision on whether to issue the fines after Granada indicated more data was yet to be collected following the conclusion of the February film schedule.
https://www.tweeddailynews.com.au/news/council-set-to-put-reality-tv-on-pause-over-traffi/3406448/

BBC has renewed Poldark for a fifth season, which could also be the show’s last.

Who Wants To Be A Millionaire is back on UK screens with Jeremy Clarkson as host.

One thing that irks me about this format is the obnoxious presence of the computer screens in front of the host and contestant, which are in a very prominent position compared to previous versions of the show.

You don’t really notice it when the question graphics are on screen, but when they’re not, half the screen is blocked by these damn monitors.

1 Like

Having watched the first two episodes of the Millionaire revival, I must say I am enjoying it. Jeremy Clarkson is actually doing very well as the host, especially in the second episode (even though I’m not a big fan of him).
That said, the graphics do look dodgy in some places, most notably on the ‘money tree’.
Anyway, I hope they make a full series out of this, sick of Hot Seat.