British Television

Yes. It’s a fee levied against antennas rather than televisions. I think new rules specify that you can’t use BBC iPlayer without a licence either.

2 Likes

Yes, but if you remove the USB stick from the set top box or move the set top box to another TV that isn’t plugged into an antenna, you can still watch the programs in colour. At least I think that’s the rationale that they’re going for.

Is one if those RTL-SDR Sticks?

If so, you can just use that as an excuse that your receiving FM Radio or Two Way comms as an Scanner on it.

Tho, if the receiver does not have the RTL chipset in it but has FM / AM / DAB Capacity, you can say that you’re receiving radio.

ITV has renewed period drama series Victoria for a third season.

Just watched a bit of Loose Women on ITV, it’s like a trashy version of The View.

The title of the show didn’t give that away?

3 Likes

Indeed, they don’t even try to hide it. :rofl:

1 Like

Has it been mentioned anywhere in Australian media that Courtney Act is on Celebrity Big Brother? Might get mention now after the spectacular entrance where she unintentionally flashed everyone. :joy:

2 Likes

There is probably no interest here. Very few people would know who she is.

Really? People don’t remember her from Australian Idol or RuPaul’s Drag Race?

Idol yes, but the other is not really a top rating series in Australia.

I think her profile on Australian Idol should be enough to warrant a story in the newspaper gossip pages, at least.

1 Like

Classic face. :joy:

Ed Westwick (Gossip Girl) has been dropped from the latest BBC adaptation of Agatha Christie’s Ordeal by Innocence following claims of sexual assault against him. Filming on the 3 part series was originally completed in September 2017 but Westwick’s scenes will be reshot this month in Scotland, with Christian Cooke taking over Westwick’s role of Mickey Argyll.

Been trying to get that show on FTA but I’ve never seen them before.

Wasn’t it on SBS2 before it went Viceland?

First season aired Saturday nights on SBS2 in August 2013.

No go for Murdoch.

3 Likes

If only the ACCC had seen the same logic when Foxtel had bought Austar.

1 Like

I noticed RuPaul’s Drag Race was on SBS Viceland tonight. The episode was from 2012.

1 Like