British Television

1 Like
2 Likes

Good Morning Britain presenter Ben Shephard and former SMTV host Cat Deeley will be the faces of This Morning starting March.

5 Likes

Cat Deeley used to be on SMtv live with Ant and Dec then she went to America

Cat will be having a busy time next month with So You Think You Can Dance returning.

1 Like

But he did nothing wrong, did he? Let’s all defend the creepy old man who paid his ex-lover to keep schtum…

That’s pretty much gone like Aussie reality shows now and has all been pre-recorded. It’s probably a more troubled production than This Morning has been over the last year at the moment so I wouldn’t be surprised if the upcoming season is the last, but it if does return I think after a year with rotating hosts having one of the main hosts have to take six weeks off or so isn’t too big a problem.

Will see how Cat and Ben work out - personally I’d have rather they’d have stuck with a combination of Alison, Dermot, Josie and Craig.

1 Like

Some things should be left in the past.

Exactly. I’d struggle to see a revival working for the UK, never mind the US. Would be surprised if it got beyond a pilot.

ITV’s biggest overnight audience of the year so far

1 Like

ITV has a new layer of corporate paint, blending the primary colours in ITVX, ITV1 and Studios:

Sky History updated their symbol with the 2021 History Channel logo, but retained the graphics package from 2020.

(From here)

And Narrative is to be launching unscripted-based Great! Real in March, possibly in place of one of their children’s channel (which are moving online):

1 Like

C4 soap Hollyoaks is going to be cut to 3 times a week from September, with 135 jobs (a third of it’s staff) axed.

The show was axed from the main channel last September, spun as a “digital first” strategy of premiering it online and keeping the airings on spin off E4. They’ve trying to spin this move as “data led” based on viewer consumption habits - but in reality the data leading this decision is falling ratings and falling financing. C4 have already announced significant job losses and cut spending and commissioning over the last year.

1 Like

As part of the transaction, BBC Studios has extended its licensing agreements with ITV ensuring that programming for BritBox International will continue to represent a wide range of British content.

Under the terms of the agreement, ITV Studios will continue to receive an ongoing revenue stream from BritBox International similar to current levels for the use of ITV content under new extended licensing agreements. BritBox UK is unaffected and will still feature BBC content as part of separate long-term agreements.

2 Likes

Britbox has a weird ownership. It was once a complete 50/50 joint venture, now ITV owns 100% of Britbox UK and BBC owns 100% of Britbox International.

1 Like

When ITV started ITVX they put BritBox content there, continuing Britbox as it’s own service as well, but now it is being shutdown.

Probably why they decided to bail out altogether (aside from still licensing content)

1 Like