Random Mocks

Something like this might be better?

This largely followed their new social media templates, moving the logo to the top left (with shadows to improve legibility) and using the white tab in subheadings for denoting a live event.

Some other stupid stuff… Swapping styles with Nine lookalikes:

Turns out Nippon TV in Japan had a similar nine-dot symbol in the early 2000s, and I found a signoff clip with it in 2001.

I recreated the dotted Australia map at the bottom of the first image, making it the centre of the screen, and swapped the NTV symbol and slogan with 9’s.

Meanwhile, Nine’s 2001 ident used the same piece of stock music as some of the ITV stations’ millennium idents.

So I took a frame from the latter that’s easier to superimpose the dots into, giving it some faux motions lines, and tried to make it look like it’s in widescreen (probably would’ve done better with Photoshop’s AI expand…).

Some other, other stuff…

I wasn’t really a big fan of the new flat corporate ITV logo, so I recreated the gradients and added drop shadows in the overlapping segments (partly inspired by 10’s symbol and the three-segmented logo in their 2019 promo endboards).

I also read from Pres Cafe that France 3 and France Bleu (of Radio France) are being rebranded to ici, the common brand for the news programmes on both sides. This is knocked up to visualize what the ‘new brand’ can look like, in their respective typefaces and not.

8 Likes